Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

[SOLVED] BSoD Multiple_irp_complete_requests problem

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] BSoD Multiple_irp_complete_requests problem within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS - Windows 8
x64
What was original installed OS on system? : Windows 8
Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? : OEM
Age of system (hardware): ~1 year
Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?: ~1 year; never re-installed.

CPU : Intel Core i7 - 3632QM @ 2.20GHz
Video Card : Intel HD Graphics 4000 (up to 1.65 GB)
MotherBoard: HP Pavilion g6
Power Supply - brand & wattage: HP, 19.5V, 65W MAX (laptop adapter)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard (HP)
Exact model number: 2377sz

Additional Info:
- The BSoD crashes are very random and inconsistent.
- The problem persists for 3 days.
- My antivirus has revealed no viruses on my computer.
- The "perfmon /report" command did not work in "Safe Mode with Network". The error it gave me was related to the "path not specified". Trying to do it manually resulted in the same error. The info attached regarding it is from the normal OS mode.
- System Restore Mode does not work because of corrupted files.
- The Error Checker option of the HDD revealed nothing wrong.
- The BIOS is in french. Not sure if I can change that. And I'm not too good with french.
- My first post regarding this problem can be found here:
multiple_irp_complete_requests problem

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Required Files.zip (1.90 MB, 41 views)
Nizuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 03:04 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi,

You are having the same issue as

1. Blue Screen - MULTIPLE-IRP-COMPLETE-REQUESTS on Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Community

and

2. Update Drivers to stop "Blue Screen Of Death" - Microsoft Community

and

3. Windows 8.1 Error : MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS. - Microsoft Community

and

4. [SOLVED] BSOD Win 8.1 Multiple Complete IRP Request

etc...

Please follow my advice I have given there, which is to go ahead and remove LogMeIn for troubleshooting purposes as there appears to be a bug with it. If you heavily rely on the use of remote access software, you can in the mean time use an alternative such as TeamViewer (which I prefer more, anyway).

See my blog post for any more information - BSOD Kernel Dump Analysis: LogMeIn bug (possibly)

Regards,

Patrick
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Also, I have a request, and if you could fulfill it, that would be fantastic.

Before following my advice and removing LogMeIn Hamachi, can you please have your system crash one more time and generate a different kind of dump file for research purposes? After it crashes, you can go right ahead and remove it. This would help us a lot in determining why this crash is actually happening, so maybe we could further work with LogMeIn.

-----------

To change these settings, go to Control Panel > System and Security > System. Click Advanced system settings. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. Under Write Debugging Information, you can specify a kernel-mode dump file setting. Once you've done that, select OK and you're all done. After you've done that, simply go ahead and just let the system crash again.

Once it has crashed, upload the MEMORY.DMP file generated in the C:\Windows directory to any 3rd party website of your choice (Mediafire, Skydrive, etc).

Regards,

Patrick
Old 01-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Request fulfilled and OP notified crashing ceased since removal, therefore marked as solved.

Regards,

Patrick