Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

[SOLVED] [BSOD] Another victim...

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] [BSOD] Another victim... within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What's up with all these BSODs lately? I've got a serious one where it will restart my pc after a

Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

What's up with all these BSODs lately?
I've got a serious one where it will restart my pc after a strange buzzing sound from the speaker five minutes into a game. It also did it once to me in the desktop.

I've attached the DMP file and the DXDIAG file tho I had to .rar the DMP file due to a forums error. I also have the latest NVIDIA drivers. Lately my CPU temp went up to 80 but I used some thermal paste so it's ok.

Another thing I noticed that looks strange is that the PC is using 1.56GB of RAM just in the desktop. I have a total of 4GB RAM. I should probably run Memtest86.

Any help will be very much appreciated considering the large number of other BSOD posts. Thanks! JD
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (33.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: rar 100313-46098-01.rar (14.1 KB, 31 views)
Juanxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #2
Registered Member

Update: I launched a game to test and I saw the GPU temp rising from 70 to 90+ and counting before I exited the game. I suspect if it rose even higher it would have restarted. Now I changed the location of my PC and turned on a small fan next to it. Currently at 44. Will test again.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi,

Let me know if you continue crashing after making the change in regards to the fan.

Regards,

Patrick
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #4
Registered Member

Sorry for my late reply. The computer stop crashing after using a house fan to cool it down. This means that the problem was being caused by an overheating GPU. Is there a cure for this? How can I cool it down without using house fans? Would the reapplication of thermal paste solve this? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Hi,

Yes, reapplication of thermal paste should solve it, plus a cleaning of any and all fans and filters within the PC.

Regards,

Patrick
Old 10-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
Registered Member

Problem solved. Turns out my GPU fan just wasn't working right. I took it apart and installed a CPU fan on the graphic card's heat sink. Work's fine now :)
Old 10-11-2013, 03:07 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

Hi,

Glad to hear, thanks very much for the update.

Regards,

Patrick