Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

[SOLVED] BSOD and shutdown, possibly on Sleep

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] BSOD and shutdown, possibly on Sleep within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to dj-anakin

Been happening for a few weeks. I have only seen the BSOD once, but many times i'll come back to my computer and it will be powered down. The one time I did see it, it BSOD'd, did a physical dump, and powered down, so i'm assuming that's what it's always doing.

Just noticed the error in perfmon. Not sure what all that is about. Maybe one of you can tell me. In the meantime i'll run Driver Verifier.

EDIT: Oops. Attached .zip

EDIT: Bam.. BSOD on Driver Verifier reboot... added .dmp to zip.

----

· OS - Windows 7
· x64 ?
· What was original installed OS on system? built myself. Win7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail
· Age of system (hardware): 1 year
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 1 year

· Intel i5 3570K
· NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
· Biostar Intel LGA1155 Z77
· Power Supply - Ecomaster ENP650AWT_B
dj-anakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hi,

Perfmon first:

Quote:
Symptom:
Device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all of its drivers installed.

Cause: A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.

Details: The device, SBRE, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_SBRE\0000.

Resolution:
1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
The attached DMP files are all pointing to MijXfilt.sys, which is the MotioninJoy simulate Xbox 360 controller (virtual Xinput device) driver: http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/moti...-xinput-device

To my knowledge, using this specific driver rather than the official drivers is not recommended... I've seen MijXfilt.sys tons in the past in cases of BSOD analysis. Remove this driver and install the official driver:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en...-00004#support

As far as I know, removing MotioninJoy via add / remover programs uninstall list doesn't work and the driver still remains, so you must uninstall it via the uninstall list, AND THEN navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers and delete MijXfilt.sys.

After taking a look at the loaded modules list, dtsoftbus01.sys is listed, this is the Daemon Tools driver. Daemon Tools is a very popular causer of BSOD's in W7, so I'd recommend uninstalling it and replacing it with a different visualization program such as: PowerISO, ImgBurn, MagicISO, etc.

BIOS64.sys - Sat Jun 07 20:12:00 2003 (BIOSTAR I/O driver file - I believe linked to Biostar motherboard software). See if an update is available - BIOSTAR :: Download

If not, remove any Biostar motherboard software you may have installed.

Regards,

Patrick
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Registered Member

Weird.. wouldn't let me attach to first post.

EDIT: Whoa! That was fast! Thanks PJB. Will report back. Thanks again!
Attached Files
File Type: zip dj-anakin.zip (2.80 MB, 67 views)
Old 07-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My pleasure, I edited my post after I posted it at first to add the perfmon and fix something, so hopefully everything's still clear for you.

Regards,

Patrick
Old 07-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #5
Registered Member

You know, after I posted I was looking through what Revo lists on my computer and the MotionInJoy one is the only one that stuck out for me, that I thought I remembered something, and it wasn't installed too long ago. I was using MotionInJoy to use my PS3 controller on my PC, but said screw it. Uninstalled MIJ, and just bought a 360 wired controller.

Uninstalled Daemon Tools I can't even remember the last time I used it.

For the last one, you're wanting me to update the BIOS? Not sure what the I/O driver file is. At the Biostar driver page for the TZ77B, I don't see anything immediately named BIOS64.sys... Will wait for reply.

Thanks again for the quick turn around!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Hi,

Great work. In regards to the bios64.sys, let's leave it alone for now until I get more info on what it is. I don't want you to end up removing an important driver.

For now, keep me updated on the system behavior since removing MotionInJoy and DaemonTools.

Regards,

Patrick
Old 07-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
Registered Member

Everything has been working great since. No BSOD's, and this 360 controller is much nicer to use than a 360 controller.. plus native support. :)

THanks again.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

Hi,

Great to hear, thanks for the update.

If you feel or are confident enough that your problem is solved, please navigate to 'Thread Tools' at the top of the thread and select 'Mark this thread as solved'.

Regards,

Patrick
Gear in this thread