Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] BSOD

6K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  avinash763 
#1 ·
dear support staff,
my system is crashing in the middle usually within a hour after power on(it is crashing in few minutes if i play games).
I'm attaching the perfmon report and the last two dump files(system is crashing while running autorun so cant upload that)

Here is the info that you need
· OS -windows 7
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 -32-bit
· What was original installed OS on system- windows 7 ultimate
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version -retail version
· Age of system (hardware)-5yrs(motherboard is replaced 2 yrs back)
· Age of OS installation - 1 month
· CPU- intel pentium D
· Video Card-Dont know
· MotherBoard-BIOSTAR G3IM+
· Power Supply - dont know

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: BSOD

Hi,

Two dumps attached:

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)

This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.

Usual cause is a device driver has a bug.
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Usual causes are a bug in a device driver, hardware related memory issues, corrupt NTFS volume, anti-virus software.
Interestingly enough, in the *50 dump which is verifier enabled, it's flagging iegddis.dll. I searched the net far & wide but I cannot seem to find anything on iegddis.dll in regards to which vendor it belongs to, whether it's legit, etc.

If you do the following:

start > search > in search bar type %systemroot% and go to the Windows folder. Once inside Windows, go to the system32 folder and look for iegddis.dll. Once you've found it, right click it and view its properties and select the 'details' tab. What does it say for its description, etc?

In the mean time, before I get a second opinion, something else you need to take care of, is you need to install Service Pack 1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Regards,

Patrick

#3 ·

Welcome to TSF!

Regarding the iegddis.dll file, we think we know what it is but we would like some confirmation to be sure.
start > search > in search bar type %systemroot% and go to the Windows folder. Once inside Windows, go to the system32 folder and look for iegddis.dll. Once you've found it, right click it and view its properties and select the 'details' tab. What does it say for its description, etc?
Please furnish the details above, also upload the file for analysis at https://www.virustotal.com/en/ , then post back with the Virustotal URL for the result. That will give us the info needed to see if it's genuine.

#4 ·

Thanks for ur instant replies
If you do the following:

Attached the file

Please furnish the details above, also upload the file for analysis at https://www.virustotal.com/en/ , then post back with the Virustotal URL for the result. That will give us the info needed to see if it's genuine.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...93d89787e12cdf5002246097/analysis/1372761517/

Meanwhile my system crashes 5 times and the dump files are attached

Attachments

#5 ·

Well done, the file checks out as expected :thumb:

In the meantime, I've been looking at some of the dumps and while it may be hardware-related, we do have a suspect driver that could be causing the problem - DaemonTools, well several actually, all installed as part of, or created by, DaemonTools.

Unmount any mounted virtual drives in DT then uninstall it via Programs in Control Panel. Visit DuplexSecure - FAQ and follow the section Q: How can I remove SPTD driver on 32-bit OS? to remove the problem drivers.

Once you have done that and rebooted, test for stability; if Windows' uptime improves to several hours, try to install Service Pack 1, that should bring with it further stability.

#8 ·

hi,my problem became worse,my system unable to start sometimes(i had to manually power off and on to reboot).i run driver verifier and it crashing for every driver i select.i check RAM and Harddrive tests but no problems found
i'm attaching the latest dump files

Attachments

#9 ·

Hi,

Both new dumps attached are fatal hardware bugchecks: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c). MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9c) is entirely the same as *124, however, it occurs on older versions of Windows, as well as sometimes very rarely on Windows 7 when the WHEA isn't fully initialized.

Unfortunately, with your 9c dump, we are unable to get any information from it for the following reason:

Concatenated Error Code:
--------------------------
There's no CEC.

STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9C_GenuineIntel_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID: 0x9C_GenuineIntel_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE
There's no symbol, module nor image we can refer to to run a lmvm on to get more info.

Let's take a look at the *124 dump:

Code:
1: kd> !errrec 84fb079c
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ 84fb079c
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id     : 01ce7785b73cfd0b
Severity      : Fatal (1)
Length        : 928
Creator       : Microsoft
Notify Type   : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp     : 7/3/2013 0:39:13 (UTC)
Flags         : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0     : Processor Generic
Descriptor    @ 84fb081c
Section       @ 84fb08f4
Offset        : 344
Length        : 192
Flags         : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity      : Fatal

Proc. Type    : x86/x64
Instr. Set    : x86
[COLOR=Red][U][B]Error Type    : Micro-Architectural Error[/B][/U][/COLOR]
Flags         : 0x00
CPU Version   : 0x0000000000000f65
Processor ID  : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1     : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor    @ 84fb0864
Section       @ 84fb09b4
Offset        : 536
Length        : 128
Flags         : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id        : 65 0f 00 00 00 08 02 00 - 9d e4 00 00 ff fb eb bf
                00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0  @ 84fb09b4

Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor    @ 84fb08ac
Section       @ 84fb0a34
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000

[COLOR=Red][U][B]Error         : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 0)[/B][/U][/COLOR]
  Status      : 0xa200000084010400
As you can see, you have an internal timer issue on proc 0 bank 0. The CPU is possibly damaged, however I'd need to see a bit more *124 dumps to make that call for sure.

Other possibilities are overheating (please check temperatures and ensure they are within standard with any software of your choice), as well as outdated BIOS not complying with the rest of the drivers on the system.

Three things I can recommend for now:

1. Let the system keep crashing and attach ANY new dumps you get. Please do not attach old ones, only new ones.

2. Update your BIOS if possible (I know it may be hard if the system is really that unstable, and I actually wouldn't recommend this step at all if it actually IS that unstable). You can find the download for new BIOS versions on the manufacturers website. If you give me the make and model # of your system, I can find if it's available for you.

3. Unless the system is entirely unstable, you still need to update to Service Pack 1. This is of little relevance though now that we're seeing fatal hardware bugchecks.

Regards,

Patrick

#12 ·

Hi,

Thanks very much for the latest dumps. The four you attached are all of the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) bugcheck. More specifically, in all four dumps, we are seeing a very consistent Internal timer issue as I described in my previous post.

With this much consistency in all of the dumps, your CPU itself is certainly at fault if it's not temperatures. Given this is a 5+ year old system, this does not surprise me. Ultimately, if temperatures are not the problem, you will need to purchase a new computer.

A good program to check temperatures: Speccy, CoreTemp, etc.

Regards,

Patrick

#14 ·

Woah!!!! If that is an accurate reading, there's your problem!!! If the motherboard is constantly at that temperature, damage is likely imminent (if it hasn't already happened).

To also see if it's accurate, I believe aside from CPU temp you can check the motherboard temperature in the BIOS as well. It's typically under 'hardware monitor' or 'health'. Some BIOS' call it different things.

How is the computer in terms of ventilation? Ensure it's completely dust free and make sure ALL fans are working. If this is a Desktop machine (assuming it is because of the BIOSTAR board that has been replaced), shut down and open it up. Put your hand OVER (DO NOT TOUCH) the motherboard and see if it feels warm. After a few minutes, if you feel confident (and be very very careful) you can quickly tap the board and see how it feels. If it's hot even after a few minutes, then you know for sure the reading is accurate. Also, as stated above, you can check the BIOS as well.

Regards,

Patrick

#18 ·

Hi,

Great, thanks so much for the update! It was quite the shock seeing such a temperature.

If you feel or are confident enough that your problem is solved, please navigate to 'Thread Tools' at the top of the thread and select 'Mark this thread as solved'.

Regards,

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.