Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Several different Win7 Pro BSODs for weeks

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  RichardNDR 
#1 · (Edited)
For a couple of weeks now I've been getting several different BSODs on one of my 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1 systems. I don't think I've seen more than one at a time (i.e., the sequence I keep seeing is BSOD, reboot with CHKDSK, then the system runs fine with no issues for hours or days before another BSOD occurs).

In just the last 24 hours, I've seen 4 different BSOD types: 0x03B, 0x00A, 0x01A, and two 0x04E -- but I've seen a couple of other ones in the past whose error codes I can't recall.

Raxco PerfectUpdater detects no out-of-date drivers, and I haven't added any new hardware in months. The only new drivers/services/software I've installed were for WinAntiRansom, which is brand new as of a few hours ago, so they can't be responsible for the BSODs. (I installed it because of an apparent "ransom" attempt that failed on a different machine).

Both MBAM and Avira Pro report no malware. Also, I've exhaustively run MemTest86 v7 for almost two full days (20 passes at a time) and no memory errors were reported.

Q & A:
· OS - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista?: Windows 7

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?: X64

· What was the original installed OS on the system?: Windows 7 Pro

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?: Purchased and self-installed OEM Win 7 DVD

· Approximate age of system (hardware): 3 years

· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know): 3 years

· Have you re-installed the OS?: I don't recall, but if so, not recently

· CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz

· Video Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 750

· MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop): ASUS Z97-A

· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop): Corsair 850

· System Manufacturer: Home built

· Laptop or Desktop?: Desktop

I'm stumped, so I'm desperately asking the bright people around here for help. Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I just got another BSOD, this time a 0x019 (Bad Pool Header). The mini-dump file is attached.

I also saw a different BSOD whose code I don't recall and which for some reason did not create a mini-dump. It was related to a problem with the iastorA.sys driver (Intel Rapid Storage driver, one main use of which is for my double SSD RAID 0 system). I've seen iastorA.sys problems slightly more often than others, but I don't know if that's significant.

Also, I've enabled the driver verifier, and requested it to monitor all drivers...

Attachments

#6 ·
Just got a BSOD that was triggered by the Verifier, but maddeningly it did NOT create a mini-dump! Therefore, I can't quite recall the exact error; it was something about the Special Pool causing memory corruption.

Is it normal that the verifier doesn't create mini-dumps? If so, that's extremely unhelpful!

Without a dump, what am I supposed to do now?

#7 ·
** BUMP **

Little help, folks? Please??

I tried booting up the machine in question with the system partition I had updated from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro back in late July before all these BSODs started happening many times a day (and thus had no new software or hardware or drivers), but that didn't work either. Note that I haven't seen any actual BSODs from Windows 10 yet (though I've only used it for 20 minutes); instead the system just totally freezes or produces strange symptoms.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.