Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

PC Crashes at Startup

This is a discussion on PC Crashes at Startup within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've had this problem a few times before, and every time (except for the first one, and now) it has

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I've had this problem a few times before, and every time (except for the first one, and now) it has magicaly disapeared. I've had this problem way before I had Windows 7, so it's not Windows 7's fault. Anyway, here it goes:

When I push the start button on my PC, the beginning is just fine, but it's much longer than usualy. After a while, right before the white letters on the top left side of the monitor appear (I can't remember their name right now), a beeping sound, one second long or so occurs, the coolers start turning really fast and my computer crashes. It's frozen, and I have to restart it. Once I restart it, it turns on normally, but before my computer turns on completly, there is a blue screen and white letters telling me that it's dumping the physical memory from the crash. (I don't know what the hell that is), restarts itself when it's done, and it's ready for use. Yes, it is ready for use, but it's much slower, videos don't play nicely, and all games, including "Chess Titans" are lagging, slow etc... I've scanned it with the latest version of "Symantec Endpoint" and found nothing. I've scanned the registry with "Registry Easy", and cleared all entries, except for 3 of them which no matter how many times I try to remove them they are still there. I don't know what's wrong with my computer. I've had my PC for only a year and a half, so it doesn't make sence to me that it's a heat issue, well I did keep it's left side open last summer (3 or 4 months) if that is an inough amount of time for dust to come in and screw things up. I don't know what to do. Please help.
Thanks.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

you can check the bios error code here

www.bioscentral.com

Old 08-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
Registered Member

Sorry for the late reply.
I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E7300, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9600 GSO video card, and a 500 GB hard drive. Two days ago, I installed "Battlefield Vietnam" on my PC (I just felt like playing it), and suddenly, the problem vanished. All of the games were working just fine, my computer was fast again, and the crashes were gone. I don't know if installing the game did something, or it was just a coincidence. Anyway, if you know anything about why this problem occured, or what fixed it, please tell me as soon as you can.
Sorry for the late reply again.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

power supply details

unless it occurs again and you have more symptoms we would only be guessing at a cause

if it reoccurs post back to this thread
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
Registered Member

Well mate, guess what. Just when I thought that my PC is just fine, the problem reoccured (or maybe this is another problem). Yesterday, I opened my PC, and cleaned all the dust from the fans (because it used to heat up to bloody much for no specific reason). And there was a lot of dust for a one year old PC. Anyway, after I started it, everything was fine, and it was even faster than before, and it was much cooler to. But when I turned it on the third time that day, something similar to the previous problem occured. Here's what happens:

- PC starts normally, but jsut before Windows starts, just before the desktop shows up, the monitor turns black and the diode near it's start button is yellow (like it's getting no signal)

- After 5 to 15 seconds, a blue screen appeares and my PC says that it's dumping the physical memory from the crash.

-Restarts itself, and I can use my computer normally, But, again, it is much slower, all the games lag, and the animation rendering (Blender) is extremly slow.

- Once the restart is finished, my computer says that Windows has recovered from a serious error. I clikcked "check for solution" and all I got was a security update that didn't help me much.

- In the event viewer there is a Kernel Power event.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

OS: XP Pro SP3, MCE 2005 sp3, Vista Ultimate SP2, Windows 7 Ultimate

My System

power supply details???

Make and Wattage?

12v, 5v, 3.3v rails?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:31 AM   #7
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

turn off the auto reboot
control panel /system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #8
Registered Member

I didn't do anything special except for installing some security updates. I don't know if they have something to do with this, but my problem stopped and everything runs perfectly for at least a week or so. I'm not sure on how to check the Wattage (no I'm not a noob but there are plenty of things that I don't know).
Sorry for the late reply anyway.
I hope that my PC will continue to run normaly for the next couple of years and the problem will never return or reoccure, and no other problem will hapen.