Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

PC booting slow and not running properly

This is a discussion on PC booting slow and not running properly within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I recently upgraded my CPU and RAM, ever since my PC is booting slow, takes like 5min. That wasnt

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I recently upgraded my CPU and RAM, ever since my PC is booting slow, takes like 5min. That wasnt a big deal as when it did boot it worked pefectly, but now it hangs when booted, internet doesent work intirely and i cant uninstall programs.

Pc specs:
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Cpu amd phenom II 4x 64bit 3.1Ghz
Ram 1x 4gb corsair vengence 1600Mhz
Mb asrock ucc something :)
Hdd 1x 500gb WD caviar black
External hdd WD essentials 1000gb
Gpu Ati radeon hd 4xxx series

I would also like to get unlock core working, when i turn UCC on i get BOSD. Both mb and cpu work.

Need help!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
Registered Member

Anybody??

Old 02-15-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

we need to know the exact specs. So we need to know what the motherboard is saying its an asrock something doesn't help us help you.

also please tell us what the make model and wattage is of your power supply. If you do not know open the case and look at it. It will have a label on it with the information required.

Microsoft Certified Professional
compTIA Certified Professional
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbrucelee
we need to know the exact specs. So we need to know what the motherboard is saying its an asrock something doesn't help us help you.

also please tell us what the make model and wattage is of your power supply. If you do not know open the case and look at it. It will have a label on it with the information required.
I belive its asrock n68-s ucc, im traveling today :)
And psu is corsair 600w
Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
Registered Member

voltage is constant and as it should be on all cables.
By running "oc tuner ", software that came with mb and its used for overclocking and hardware monitoring, I found that CPU clock (during hang) is not going over 800mhz, its usualy 3000mhz ***? And in bios for ram it sais 4000mb/400hz is this 400mhz speed? If so thats wrong, my ram has 1600mhz.
I also ran anti-virus, witch found no threats, im using free avg anti-virus.

During the hangs pc would run normaly on desktop, but google chrome would load only half of the page, opening programs and control panel would sometimes work, but most of time nothing would happen or it would load them after like 10min.

I did not overclock anyth.

Pls help :(
Old 02-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

if you use the software tha came with the mobo for overclocking then stop it because these can have bad results. Overclocking should always be done in the BIOS manually.

Download cpu-z that will show your cpu frequency and your ram speed.

When your not doing anything instensive a cpu will downclock itself to save power and when doing intensive stuff will go back to its normal speed. This is normal.

also if ram shows as 400MHz then that means your running 800Mhz ram as it will be 400x2 but you say you have one stick of 1600MHz ram. Can your board take 1600MHz ram some board default ram to 800MHz which is why it would show 400MHz which means you are required to manually adjust the speed in the BIOS your manual will tell you this if its the case

Old 02-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

disregard what I said about changing the ram to 1600Mhz

your board is not compatible with 1600MHz according to what I can find on the crucial site and the asrock site. The fasters ram your board can tak is pc-8500 which is 1066MHz

Closed Thread