Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Non Admin not able to connect OPC server in Windows Server 2003

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  VirGnarus 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am not able to connect to OPC server for non admin user in windows server 2003.

I get Runtime error '-536608665(e0040067)':
Failed to connect OPC server.
The system returned the following error message:
Access is denied

But i can connect non admin user to opc server in Windows xp

Is it possible for non admin user to connect OPC server in windows server 2003?

OPC server and client are on same system

Please give me your feedback

Thanks!
Santosh

#2 ·
From what I've read on this thread, you'll need to set computer-wide DCOM security permissions. You'll want to peruse that thread.

On another note, this isn't really the best spot for this question. An error message isn't a crash, hang or bsod, and the situation is more relevant to specifically the Windows Server section (even though OPC servers can and often do exist in many client versions of Windows). You'll be able to receive more help there, as it's pertinent to your needs.

#3 ·
Thanks for your response,

After getting the error message my application crashes an i have given launch and access permissions for the non admin user in Decom config (Service name is OPCEnum).

Please let me know where can i find solutions for this, please mention the url if it is known

Thanks
Santosh

#4 ·
Thnaks for tour response

After getting the runtime error my application crashes.
I have given "Launch and activation permissions", "Access Permissions" to the non admin user in Decom config (Service name is "OpcEnum"

Please let me know the reason for this or the url of web where i can find the solution

Thanks
santosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.