Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

My computer keeps crashing to the blue screen (Windows Vista)

This is a discussion on My computer keeps crashing to the blue screen (Windows Vista) within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good Afternoon everyone, I have been having dificulties with my computer for the past month. It has been crashing to

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Good Afternoon everyone,

I have been having dificulties with my computer for the past month. It has been crashing to the blue screen upon startup lately and now I can't even use my computer on safe mode without it crashing. At first, I thought it was my Norton virus remover causing the problem. Although, disabling it did stop my computer from shutting down so rapidly, it didn't solve the problem compleltely. I got the stop error codes when it crashed to the blue screen today:

Stop: 0x0000001A (0x00041287, 0x0006E379, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

It will be very much appreciated if someone can help me figure out my problem because its been very frustrating.

Thanks in advance, guys!

Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Try booting into Safe Mode with Networking, and running the tool found here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Upload the report, and we'll go from there!

CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi Jonathon_King,

I've tried running the BSOD file but my computer keeps crashing after it's almost finished. I'll just keep trying.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

If you can't get it to work, just take the file that is there (partially created) and upload it. Make sure all minidumps are in it however; go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy all the dumps inside to the jcgriff2 folder.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Registered Member

Do I copy the files into the "BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_" file? I'm sorry but I'm really confused.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

You should see a folder in Documents named Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2. It should contain most of the necessarily files already, but just make sure all minidumps are included. If not, copy the skipped ones to the folder.

Closed Thread