Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

My computer has the BSOD

This is a discussion on My computer has the BSOD within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. The information of my computer is in attach. Please help me. Thank you

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

The information of my computer is in attach. Please help me. Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (28.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: zip Documents.zip (682.7 KB, 7 views)

Old 03-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Looks like you need to install Infrared device driversr (IRDA) for the system. perfmon /report says:
Quote:
Symptom:
Device drivers are not installed.
Cause: A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.
Details: The device driver for #UNKNOWN# has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.
Resolution: 1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
Device is: ACPI\\PNP0510 Generic IRDA-compatible device
Info from PNP Device ID's page

Only 2 Windows Updates since SP1 - most systems have 70 or more. Visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates!

Once that's done, the error message is a STOP 0x116 - troubleshooting steps are described here: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys           Fri Mar 19 12:19:01 2010 (4BA3A3F5)
SmartDefragDriver.sys Fri Nov 26 04:30:35 2010 (4CEF7E3B)
atikmpag.sys          Mon Dec 05 21:11:50 2011 (4EDD79E6)
Rt86win7.sys          Fri May 22 10:52:05 2009 (4A16BC15)
ISODrive.sys          Thu Jan 28 22:38:44 2010 (4B625844)
atikmdag.sys          Mon Dec 05 21:46:09 2011 (4EDD81F1)
AtihdW73.sys          Tue Dec 06 04:13:34 2011 (4EDDDCBE)
idmwfp.sys            Thu Jan 26 08:47:31 2012 (4F215973)
safedrv.sys           Mon Oct 25 01:13:00 2010 (4CC511DC)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SmartDefragDriver.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt86win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ISODrive.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdW73.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=idmwfp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=safedrv.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\022512-14757-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17514.x86fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Sat Feb 25 06:35:48.918 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:19.603
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x116
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments 84fb3510 8ced54ba 00000000 00000002
BiosVersion = 6.00 PG
BiosReleaseDate = 05/20/2009
จจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจจ``

Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you very much ! I will install missing driver and test my system again. If it have some problem, i'll report here !
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Registered Member

I have reinstalled my OS with window XP SP3, and the BSOD came. This is dump report (att).
I think it came because of IDE/ATAPI Port Driver. But don't know why and how to fix it. Can you help me, Thank you !
Attached Files
File Type: txt BSOD.txt (1.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Run this free tool: How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)?

If it finds anything, post back and we'll have you run DBAN or KillDisk to wipe the bad stuff out permanently (the atapi.sys error is typical of this bad guy).
Old 03-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Registered Member

Ok, It found 2 obj with name of service are: ati2mtag and mv64xxmm. What should i do with them ?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #7
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

I don't know how significant that is, but I'd suggest a wipe of the hard drive just to be sure. Follow the steps below (steps 1 through 3 will ensure that the bad stuff is gone). Continue with the rest of the steps to ensure that the testing is complete (so we can rule out software causes).

Backup, Wipe, and "Clean Install" of Windows
Quote:
For testing purposes, it's best to install Windows "clean".
This is, basically, installing it the way that Microsoft intended (using drivers from Windows Update).
This procedure is for Windows 7, Vista is similar (but has 2 service packs)

You will need your installation/recovery DVD(s) before you start. Once you wipe the hard drive there's no going back!!!

1. Backup all your data.
This will wipe everything off of your hard drive, so anything that you want to keep will need to be saved elsewhere.

NOTE: If this is due to an infection, remember to scan the data with another system's current antivirus in order to locate and remove any malware.

2. Connect the system to the internet (if the system says disconnect from the Internet, then do so).

3. Use one of these free utilities to wipe the hard drive clean:
DBAN ( DBAN Download | Darik's Boot And Nuke )
KillDisk ( Freeware Download Active@ KillDisk ).
This will also delete any recovery partitions on the system - so the installation/recovery DVD's are essential!!!

4. Install Windows by booting from the installation/recovery DVD - DO NOT tweak any settings!!!

5. Visit Windows Update and get all updates

6. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)

7. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing Windows 7 SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
Search Google/Bing for installing other OS's Service Packs.

8. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

9. Download, install, and update a free antivirus so you don't get infected while testing ( Free AntiVirus ).

If the problems persist, then the problem is most likely with your hardware.

CAVEAT: If you have an Asus motherboard, check the date on the C:\Windows\System32\driver\ASACPI.sys file. 2004/2005 is a problem, 2009/2010 is OK. Updates are available at the Asus support website.

CAVEAT: If you have a Sony system, make sure that you DO NOT have the 2007 (or earlier) version of the Sony Firmware Extension Parser (SFEP.sys). Update this driver immediately!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 04:59 AM   #8
Registered Member

The TDSSKiller program didn't show it name (only service name). But i have deleted 2 obj.
Do you think my system has virus ? Can me use any antivirus program to kill them.
There are some log of TDSSKiller: (Att)
Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

I cannot read the logfiles. I'd suggest posting over in the Security forums for assistance: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #10
Registered Member

OK, I have ziped it
Attached Files
File Type: zip TDSSKiller.log.zip (47.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #11
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Follow the instructions in the link to post over in the Security Forums, NOT here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usasma View Post
I cannot read the logfiles. I'd suggest posting over in the Security forums for assistance: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #12
Registered Member

My system has BSOD again, I have att 3 log report, can you tell me how to fix it. Is it same prolem ? Thank you !
Attached Files
File Type: txt BSOD.txt (1.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt BSOD2.txt (1.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: txt BSOD3.txt (1.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Either post over in the Security forums: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

Or "clean" install Windows according to these directions:
Backup, Wipe, and "Clean Install" of Windows
Quote:
For testing purposes, it's best to install Windows "clean".
This is, basically, installing it the way that Microsoft intended (using drivers from Windows Update).
This procedure is for Windows 7, Vista is similar (but has 2 service packs)

You will need your installation/recovery DVD(s) before you start. Once you wipe the hard drive there's no going back!!!

1. Backup all your data.
This will wipe everything off of your hard drive, so anything that you want to keep will need to be saved elsewhere.

NOTE: If this is due to an infection, remember to scan the data with another system's current antivirus in order to locate and remove any malware.

2. Connect the system to the internet (if the system says disconnect from the Internet, then do so).

3. Use one of these free utilities to wipe the hard drive clean:
DBAN ( DBAN Download | Darik's Boot And Nuke )
KillDisk ( Freeware Download Active@ KillDisk ).
This will also delete any recovery partitions on the system - so the installation/recovery DVD's are essential!!!

4. Install Windows by booting from the installation/recovery DVD - DO NOT tweak any settings!!!

5. Visit Windows Update and get all updates

6. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)

7. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing Windows 7 SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
Search Google/Bing for installing other OS's Service Packs.

8. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

9. Download, install, and update a free antivirus so you don't get infected while testing ( Free AntiVirus ).

If the problems persist, then the problem is most likely with your hardware.

CAVEAT: If you have an Asus motherboard, check the date on the C:\Windows\System32\driver\ASACPI.sys file. 2004/2005 is a problem, 2009/2010 is OK. Updates are available at the Asus support website.

CAVEAT: If you have a Sony system, make sure that you DO NOT have the 2007 (or earlier) version of the Sony Firmware Extension Parser (SFEP.sys). Update this driver immediately!!!

Closed Thread