Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Multiple BSODs and system crashes/restarts

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Rich-M 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear community,

For the last month or so, I have been having days where there would be multiple BSODs in a row and I can not even use my laptop properly. Now I don't know enough about computers to be able to fix this problem myself, and that is why I've come here to ask for help.

Today I have been getting multiple BSODs, like:
aswvmm.sys / aswbidsha.sys / ntfs.sys / win32k.sys and wdf0100
And also a lot on 0x00001E / 0x0000007E / 0x00000024 and on 0x0000003B
Each with different messages like SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION or IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL and many more.

After googling a bit and running different memtests, RAM tests, chkdsk, virus scans, malware scans and upgrading my drivers using DriverBooster 4.4, I am still getting blue screens, random crashes or restarts on my laptop. By now I'm at the end of my tries and so I've come here to ask for help.

Not all bluescreens have gotten to a full 100 complete dump, but I have added all 3 minidump files into a zip file, I have attached my system.nfo and I have made a snapshot with Speccy of my computer stats.

My system specs are:
ASUS K55VD laptop
Model number: R500V
Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30 GHZ
RAM 6G DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000
2047MB Nvidia GeForce 610M
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit
OS was originally installed on the device (device came with built-in startup repair, no windows disk provided)
Age of OS is 5 years or so (early 2012), this is still the same installation as I first got it, never reinstalled it myself.

I'm currently running Avast antivirus, but I just installed it today to check for viruses, the weeks before I used none other than default Windows 7, if any.

If you need any other information, please feel free to ask for it. I just really want this problem to be fixed.

Sincerely,
Robin Gregoor

P.S.: Perfmon /report kept giving an error, so I did not include that report.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have uninstalled Avast using your link. But what about the blue screens that happened before I even had Avast? I'm sure it's not about Avast, although the aswvmm.sys / aswbidsha.sys BSODs were from Avast, so I removed it.

Also checked my laptop for Malware, but there was none found. Will keep you updated

#6 ·
New problem arised after playing League of Legends for 10 minutes:
Laptop shut itself down without a bluescreen and restarted itself shortly after, giving me 2 options: Launch Startup Repair / Start Windows normally.
After choosing the latter, it immediately took me to Startup Repair and every single time I try to cancel it (because I'm scared to lose my files) it restarts and brings me back to the 2 options. Whichever one I choose, I just simply cannot get back into windows (nor into safe mode).
If i continue into this progress, the ASUS Preload Wizard gives me 3 options to choose from:
- Recover windows to first partition only
- Recover windows to entire HD
- Recover windows to entire HD with two partitions.

​Could you help me out on this?

#7 ·
sounds like the hard driver is overheating and graphics card, by they way why is windows 7 installed in german language?

from the screen shot you posted the system specs is in german,
if you are german then please forgive me!

you have the option to 1 recover to the first partition 2 recovery to all of the hard drive meaning it format all of the hard drive and use all of it. 3 give you two partitions.

The other option is to get a new hard drive as your system is 5 years old, new fan and windows 7

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

windows 7 iso download

#10 ·
Well you can test the hard drive if you like but a 5 year old laptop hard drive, I would replace anyway lets remember warranties are now 2 years on most of them and the Asus laptops I have worked on use Toshiba drives which are the worst quality of any of them.
I would remove what is important from the drive using a Linux live cd which will boot just fine after plugging in an external hard drive or flash drive to copy files and data to, or let someone who knows how do it before you kill the drive running tests and destroy the data on it in doing so. Just my 2 cents!

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.