Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Locking up (no BSOD) when playing ArmA3 online

929 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JimE 
#1 ·
I play ArmA3 online a couple of times a week and practically every session (which tend to last 4-5 hours), at some point my PC will just lock up. It doesn't BSOD, everything just freezes and whatever sound was playing at the time continues to play (well, a small section of it, so it's really just a buzz/raspberry).

I haven't had any such problems playing ArmA3 single-player offline, or any other games. My i5-4670k is overclocked to 4.4Ghz@1.264v on an Asus Z97-A motherboard. Temperatures are fine and I stress-tested it to check it was stable when setting it up. I was OC'ing my HD6950 GPU to 850/1300@1.1v for a while and it was OK with GTA IV and other games but I set it back to default 800/1250Mhz @1.1v a while ago after I first experienced the lockup with ArmA3 and it's still happening.

I've got Win8.1 and Win10 installed and the latter has very little software installed, compared to my Win8.1 install which is quite cluttered now. I've had the lockup playing ArmA3 under both. I think the only software I run when online that I don't use otherwise is Teamspeak3. I wondered if the onboard NIC (Intel I218-V) could be affected by the CPU OC and the problem only triggers when online gaming due to the amount of data being transferred over the NIC but I would have thought if that was the case it would be triggered when downloading large files as well.

So if you have any ideas about what the problem could be, I'd be very happy to solve it. I could just drop my CPU OC down to 4.3Ghz and see if that helps but I'm curious why the OC should only be causing a problem when playing ArmA3 online.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.