Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Games crashing to desktop, random BSOD's

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Wrench97 
#1 ·
Hi!

I recently bought this PC used (Acer Predator G3610). Got it so cheap I couldn't refuse haha.

Specs:
MSI Geforce GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC (Replaced the default 560Ti)
Intel Core i7-2600 3,4Ghz
16gb RAM
1,5tb HDD space
Acer Predator G3610 motherboard
XFX TS Gold 650W PSU

After some time I started getting weird appcrashes and (rarely) random BSOD's. So I started to look into it. Every time a game crashed, it showed *****.exe as the faulting module (Diablo3.exe, ThiefGame.exe and so on). I couldn't find a connection between the different games crashing. There's no constant for the crashes, they are completely random while playing. Might be 10 minutes in the game or might be 3 hours. The BSOD's are always either caused by ntoskrnl.exe or dxgmms1.sys.

Here's what I've done so far:

Replaced old PSU with the XFX one
Replaced GPU (probably wasn't the problem anyway)
Ran full memtest86 with no errors
Ran chkdsk, no errors
Ran SFC /scannow, no errors
Uninstalled and reinstalled ALL nvidia drivers with a program called Display Driver Uninstaller
Checked if any drivers need updating with iObit Driver Booster, all are up-to-date
Formatted and reinstalled Windows a few times

The last thing I've tried is driver verifier. I saw from the dumps that ntoskrnl.exe or dxgmms1.sys were causing BSOD's, and verified those two. The PC crashed on startup, caused by dtsoftbus01.sys. After that I removed Daemon Tools. I'm not sure if that will fix anything really. Afterwards I ran verifier with ALL possible drivers selected, and it didn't crash at startup at least.

Even IF removing DT fixes some BSOD's, there's still no cause for those games crashing to desktop. I'm honestly running out of options, because judging from everything I've done so far, the system SHOULD be pretty much stable. This most likely can't be anything else than software-related.

You should find all the info you need in these attachments.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you run Memtest86 or Memtest86+ and for how many passes?

Remove Daemon tools, even though you have the latest version it's been known to cause issues and recently has been seen more and more as the cause.

Code:
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

SYMBOL_NAME:  dtsoftbus01+1360

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dtsoftbus01

IMAGE_NAME:  dtsoftbus01.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  51c2adcb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_23e_VRFK_dtsoftbus01+1360

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xc9_23e_VRFK_dtsoftbus01+1360
Another names Avast and the third DirectX most likely those are just drivers doing their job and calling for a stop after seeing a error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.