Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Constant BSoD/restarts and general program crashes

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Naemesis 
#1 ·
As of recently, my laptop seems to be having some issues. It's a two years old MSi GX60 1AC.

The problems I have include:
constant restarts, regularly paired with a blue screen of death;
browser crashes, especially when using flash player plug-in;
and general program crashes for no apparent reason.

I have written down most of the exceptions that were given as the reason behind the BSoD:
- DPS_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
- NTF_FILE_SYSTEM
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
- KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(win32k.sys)
- PAGE FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

To try and fix the problem, I completely reset my laptop to factory settings, including the hard drive. Unfortunately this did not fix anything. I have also tried removing all of the extra MSi programs that come with their laptops, to no avail.

I have run the windows memory troubleshooting tool, which told me "problems have been found", and consequently blocking, forcing me to restart my laptop. To try and fix it myself, I removed one of the 4gb RAM sticks, and ran the test again. This time, no problems were found (hurray), but shortly after booting I got another BSoD with the exception KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like you have some bad RAM.

Instead of running Windows Memory Diagnostics, download Memtest86+.iso(zip), burn to, then boot from the CD. Run on each individual stick of RAM, run multiple passes, 3 to 4 hours each any errors you will need to replace the stick of RAM.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Depending on the type of RAM installed, you may need a pair to run without errors.

#3 ·
Sounds like you have some bad RAM.

Instead of running Windows Memory Diagnostics, download Memtest86+.iso(zip), burn to, then boot from the CD. Run on each individual stick of RAM, run multiple passes, 3 to 4 hours each any errors you will need to replace the stick of RAM.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Depending on the type of RAM installed, you may need a pair to run without errors.
Thanks, I'll try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.