Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer freezes except for mouse

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Irishbros 
#1 ·
The problem started recently... First one program will freeze and become unresponsive in addition to the taskbar. When I mouse over the task bar the cursor is stuck on the arrows to stretch it. This also happens for other windows I try to access when this happens.
I can't CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC out of it. Soon everything becomes unresponsive and I am forced to press the reset button on my desktop. I've had the computer for a long time and never had any problems with current hardware. Too many programs shouldn't be an issue either. I've been running the same ones for at least 2 weeks and the problem began a few days ago (mainly after waking my computer back up. When this happens the entire system freezes.) And it also doesn't matter if I close most of them the issue still persists. Chrome is always the last to freeze if that's any help.

• OS - Windows 7 Home Premium
  • x64
  • Original OS is the same
  • Everything built and assembled in December, 2014
  • OS has been installed several times over the course of the system

• Intel core i7-4790K
  • EVGA GeForce GTX970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2-way SLI)
  • Asus Maximus VII Formula
  • Corsair CX750M (750 watt)

• Hand-Built

• Desktop

I can't predict when it will freeze so I've written this very quickly. I apologize for any mistakes or missing information. I've been trying to run all the diagnostics and whatnot for an hour or so through many freezes.

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.