Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

BSoD While Using Intense Computing Levels

This is a discussion on BSoD While Using Intense Computing Levels within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Over the four months I have owned this computer, I have a constant issue when trying to multitask between one or more high computer usage programs. Usually, it is caused by the combination of a game and Skype or Google Chrome. I've tried trouble shooting to fix these issues myself, but alas, to no avail. That's why I'm hoping I get could some help here.

Windows 10
x64
Windows 10 was the original OS installed
This OS was purchased from the retailer
Computer is 4 months old
OS is 4 months old
I have not re-installed the OS

AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7
No Video Card installed
GA-F2A88XN-WIFI - Gigabyte
Thermaltake Smart Power 650W 80Plus Bronze Certified Power Supply

This computer was built by Canada Computers using parts from many locations

Desktop

(NOTE: the SysnativeFileCollectionApp thing did not create a zip itself, so I took the file output and placed it in a Zip manually.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip PERMON Output.zip (156.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: zip SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip (1.85 MB, 13 views)
EpicShermanTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 03:50 AM   #2
Moderator - Hardware Forum

My System

All most all BSOD's are caused by 2 things.....drivers and software. Make sure all your drivers are up to date and get rid of any software that you don't use.

The only other possibility is it's over heating.....check/monitor your system temps while you are performing said tasks.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
bassfisher6522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:26 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

How much ram installed in the computer, and how much is assigned to the video?
kendallt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
How much ram installed in the computer, and how much is assigned to the video?
I have an 8 gb stick with 6.95 usable. I am unsure how to find the assigned video ram as the tutorials to do so are using older versions of windows. could you clarify how to check?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Can often get the information through the bios, not familiar with that board, but should be able to download the motherboard manual here:
GA-F2A88XN-WIFI (rev. 3.0) - GIGABYTE - Motherboard , Graphics Card , Laptop ,Tablet , Mini-PC , Server , PC Peripherals and more

Not on 10 right now, but should be able to right click a blank spot on the screen, select display settings, then keep selecting the lowest BLUE name until you get to one marked adapter properties. (some screens you need to scroll). That will sometimes show more than the adapter actually has dedicated to it because of swap and buffers.

As Bassfisher said, drivers can cause a lot of issues, so check for them while on the gigabyte site.
From experience, W10 will often 'update' drivers to older versions. (W7 likes doing the same thing to the network drivers on my other computer)
kendallt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallt View Post
Can often get the information through the bios, not familiar with that board, but should be able to download the motherboard manual here:
GA-F2A88XN-WIFI (rev. 3.0) - GIGABYTE - Motherboard , Graphics Card , Laptop ,Tablet , Mini-PC , Server , PC Peripherals and more

Not on 10 right now, but should be able to right click a blank spot on the screen, select display settings, then keep selecting the lowest BLUE name until you get to one marked adapter properties. (some screens you need to scroll). That will sometimes show more than the adapter actually has dedicated to it because of swap and buffers.

As Bassfisher said, drivers can cause a lot of issues, so check for them while on the gigabyte site.
From experience, W10 will often 'update' drivers to older versions. (W7 likes doing the same thing to the network drivers on my other computer)
Okay, I've updated all my AMD drivers and I've figured out I have:

- Total Available Graphics Memory: 4580 MB
- Dedicated Video Memory: 1024 MB
- System Video Memory: 0 MB
- Shared System Memory: 3556 MB

If there's anything I should change, how should i go about doing that?
Old 02-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
Registered Member

on board graphics chip I would just get amd pci graphics card this would increase the overall performance, as you only have 1024 mb games use 2gb + even on low settings so , the cpu and qpu both have to use memory, thats why you need a pci graphics card 2gb or more radeon card. or the other option is to change the memory settings in bios think it will be under onboard graphics options.
steve32mids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #8
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

I'm out of the loop when it comes to breaking down W10 (or W8.x) BSODs but I'll throw in what I can see:

All BSODs were 0xEA:
Quote:
THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M (100000ea)
The device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for
hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware
itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.
If the kernel debugger is connected and running when watchdog detects a
timeout condition then DbgBreakPoint() will be called instead of KeBugCheckEx()
and detailed message including bugcheck arguments will be printed to the
debugger. This way we can identify an offending thread, set breakpoints in it,
and hit go to return to the spinning code to debug it further. Because
KeBugCheckEx() is not called the .bugcheck directive will not return bugcheck
information in this case. The arguments are already printed out to the kernel
debugger. You can also retrieve them from a global variable via
"dd watchdog!g_WdBugCheckData l5" (use dq on NT64).
On MP machines it is possible to hit a timeout when the spinning thread is
interrupted by hardware interrupt and ISR or DPC routine is running at the time
of the bugcheck (this is because the timeout's work item can be delivered and
handled on the second CPU and the same time). If this is the case you will have
to look deeper at the offending thread's stack (e.g. using dds) to determine
spinning code which caused the timeout to occur.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffff8d03e8962800, Pointer to a stuck thread object. Do .thread then kb on it to find
the hung location.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Pointer to a DEFERRED_WATCHDOG object.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Pointer to offending driver name.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Number of times "intercepted" bugcheck 0xEA was hit (see notes).
I see one possible 'bad' driver that may be interfering:
AODDriver2.sys, maybe installed from the Gigabyte motherboard disc or as part of Crimson/CCC, it's a 'utility' driver (AMD Overdrive, AMD Fuel, Gigabyte EasyTune6, maybe others), uninstall whichever software you have that uses it.

In all crashes, Windbg flagged the DirectX kernel as waiting for data/response, so it's most likely to be graphics or sound-related, it's very likely to have been an issue getting data to the graphics subsystem, *something* was interfering, causing the CPU to wait...

There's only a single 8GB memory module running at 1333Mhz installed, it's a G-Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL10, which is a 1600Mhz part. If there were a pair of 1600 sticks running at 1600 in dual-channel mode, the APU performance and data throughput would be increased, probably by ~10-20%.

GSkill page for memory for your 'board: G.SKILL - RAM Configurator (I don't see an exact clone of your stick, you might find more details on a sticker attached to it).

a) Kill as many unnecessary processes as possible, especially resource hogs like Chrome, before you start gaming.
b) bcastdvr.exe (XBox app? and graphics-related) was mentioned in 4 of the crash dumps, ensure that's not running either, unless you are broadcasting your game, obviously.
c) If you are broadcasting, try to limit the number of devices that are accessing your network during that time.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:14 PM   #9
Registered Member

Thank you everyone for providing this helpful advice and information. I've solved a few of the suggested changes and noticed some things myself. By the time I have more money (for a graphics card and an extra stick of RAM) I should probably be safe from any more blue screens around this issue. Thanks again