#1 ·
Hi Guys.

New here but hoping for some help.

CPU- Core i7 6700k
Graphics - Strix 970
Ram 16 gb vengeance DDR5
Hard drives- one SSD, one internal HDD and two external HDD
Motherboard gigabyte z170 G1 gaming 7

I just built a brand new computer from scratch.
Every component is new except for the Strix 970 graphics card.
I have spent hours trying to troubleshoot this myself with no luck.

I get random BSOD, sometimes when browsing webpages or even when the computer is idle.
I generally get 1-2 BSOD a night.

What I have done so far:

Ran memtest86+ and the first pass was fine with no errors.
Tried again the next day and found multiple errors.
Tried each ram slot with just a single stick of memory but could not find anymore errors.
I changed my BIOS from default "Auto" ram management and entered the timings per manufacturer spec.
I ran a video card memory test which passed.
My system runs cool, not a heat problem.
I haven't tried playing any games yet (Don't have any yet) but I have ran 3D mark to stress the graphics card without a crash.

I would love it if someone could analyze the log and help point me in the right direction.
I am beyond frustrated- this is a new system and I have no idea what the problem may be. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks!!

John

Zip file is attached.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
After the build was completed and fired up, you did get a post beep and it show the BIOS splash screen?

What do you have the BIOS setup for.....UEFI or Legacy BIOS? Have you inserted the driver/software CD and installed all the drivers? Have you checked to make sure that all the hardware and cables are firmly seated and locked into place?

You stated that you get no BSOD's from the system with out the GPU....is that still true?

Most importantly....did you do a clean install of windows 7 SP1 after the build?

#6 ·
Yes I got a bios screen after the build was completed.

I'm not sure what bios is set up for when it comes to UEFI vs Legacy.
Yes I did a fresh install of windows 7, I formatted the hard drive before installing.

I have installed all of the drivers included on the CD that came with the motherboard and some of the utilities (Not all).

I thought I had the problem solved when I removed the graphics card but I didn't ;( so I'm back to square one.

I just did a fresh install of windows so we will see, I'm going to leave it running all night.

#7 ·
I'm not sure what bios is set up for when it comes to UEFI vs Legacy.
You need to check it....see what it's set, then change it. With Gigabyte you have 3 options ....UEFI, Legacy and UEFI/Legacy (both). I have my Gigabyte mobo (Z97 Gaming 7) set for both.

What are your RAM specs....by default your RAM will run at 1333mhz and not 1600mhz or what ever you have. My RAM is 2400mhz...you have to change that in the BIOS as well....either manually or use the XMP settings. Which is what I choose to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.