Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA klif.sys

6K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Childgamer 
#1 ·
Woke up, turned on my computer, and immediately got a BSOD saying "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA klif.sys" Every time I restarted the computer I got this BSOD with that exact explanation. Couldn't figure out much online so I thought I'd try my luck here. I did find out that klif.sys is from Kaspersky, so I deleted it (Kaspersky Internet Security 2016). I had to use safe mode to delete Kaspersky. Restore points wouldn't work. Now I'm able to log on without a BSOD and able to post this for help. I'd like to be able to reinstall it asap though, which is why I'm posting here. Thanks for any help!

PS. I couldn't do the perfmon/report. I get the error "The operator or administrator has refused the requested" even when I open up cmd in admin as admin.

· OS - Windows 8.1
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
· What was the original installed OS on the system? Windows 8.1 64 bit
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Full Retail
· Approximate age of system (hardware) 1 year and 3 weeks
· Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 1 year and 3 weeks
· Have you re-installed the OS? No

· CPU AMD FX-8350
· Video Card EVGA SC ACX GTX 770 2GB
· MotherBoard (if NOT a laptop) ASUS M5A97 R2.0
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (if NOT a laptop) Corsair CS 650M

· System Manufacturer
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)
I'm going to assume the two above are questions for laptops?
Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
So I used CCleaners registry cleaner (yes I know registry cleaners aren't good considering you could delete something you shouldn't. I just wanted to see if any remnants of the Kaspersky I deleted earlier were left, and a lot were.) So I cleaned all the Kaspersky leftovers, and downloaded Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 to see if I'd be able to run that instead. Currently it's up to date and running for about 30 mins without any BSOD. While before I got one as soon as Kaspersky activated. I'm not sure if the problem is the 2016 version, or my computer, and the klif.sys file was just a scapegoat for the actual problem. I'd still like to figure out and get some help though if possible, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.