Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD Only while Gaming

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Slims_ 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there,
The issue that I am having is that my GPU (or at least I think it's my GPU) has begun to crash whenever I try to play a game. I have been playing around with different games while using MSI AfterBurner to have a look at temps and loads etc.. I have received three different errors so far. The three errors were: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Here are my 3 dump files that were created https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoV5kUqR1TL_hGzw2xtpDV7fhkaF. I also have experienced an error that doesn't cause a BSOD, but a little error message pops up on my task bar saying the display driver stopped working and recovered successfully.

I have encountered the problem of the little pop up error message before, but it never gave me a BSOD, only the Windows Error message. I fixed it by cleaning my GPU of it's drivers using DDU and installing the latest one from GeForce Experience. This is the first time I have gotten BSOD and I have been unable to solve it as I have previously. I also never experience issues when doing anything other than playing a game.

I'm fairly sure that it's not a temperature related problem as everything looked good through MSI AfterBurner. I did notice that right before crashing, the GPU load would sometimes spike to 99%, however sometimes it crashed without spiking as well.

I hope what I have provided is useful in some way, any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. If you need any extra information just let me know. Many thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Just noticed some extra information you may require, hope this helps.

Originally was Windows 7, upgraded to Windows 10 thereafter.
The store who built my PC for me installed the OS themselves.
Age of System? Roughly 2.5 years
Approximate age of OS installation? ~1 year for Windows 7 and ~1.5 years for Windows 10
I have not tried an OS reinstallation

Screenshot of specs of my PC:
http://puu.sh/qRL3i/b1ef68e3c2.png

Power supply? Corsair HX Series HX650 V2 650W Modular Power Supply 80Plus Gold

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.