Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

BsoD help needed

2K views 15 replies 2 participants last post by  Patrick 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello people I am i need of help, since this problem has been occurring for months but I had been too lazy to actually fix it. To make things clear I am not tech savvy at all so please bear with me. I have had this problem for a while that my computer will just buzz randomly when I am playing Maplestory freeze, and just restart with the occasional BSoD but it doesn't really say the reason why at the top. I have googled this and even asked around the microsoft forums but they weren't much help. I was hoping I would be able to get some generous people here to describe what really is going on and help me. It's weird because I have no problems playing hearthstone, Gunz2, or league of legends but I do get it from Maplestory and Vindictus. I really hope to get some help here thanks!

here are specifics.

· OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? windows 7 home premium
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
· What was original installed OS on system? windows 7 home premium
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? yes
· Age of system (hardware) 2 years old
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? I formatted my computer in hopes of fixing this problem so it should be 5 months old

· CPU AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core processor 3.60GHz
· Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
· MotherBoard When I went to DXDIAG it said "to be filled by O.E.M
· Power Supply - brand & wattage Apparently my IBuyPower desktop doesn't have a wattage sticker nor can I find the model number but I do have the product key and the serial number only says to be filled by O.E.M

· System Manufacturer IBuyPower
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

I'm sorry I was not able to find the model number or the wattage I hope the information I have given will suffice.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks!

We have many WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) bugchecks.

A fatal hardware error has occurred. This fatal error displays data from the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

If we run an !errrec on the 2nd parameter of the bugcheck (address of the WER structure) we get the following:

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 2     : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor    @ fffffa8007661a08
Section       @ fffffa8007661b90
Offset        : 664
Length        : 264
Flags         : 0x00000000
Severity      : Fatal

[COLOR=Red]Error         : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 0)[/COLOR]
  Status      : 0xb880000000020f0f

^^ BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR could mean a # of hardware issues along the bus (RAM, GPU, etc).

-----------------

Run Memtest for NO LESS than ~8 passes (several hours):

Memtest86+:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

Do note that some older generation motherboards do not support USB-based booting, therefore your only option is CD (or Floppy if you really wanted to).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

FAQ : please read before posting

If the above fails, there is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward:

1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Speccy - System Information - Free Download

2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting - How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.

4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *124 bugchecks are OS to BIOS utilities from manufacturer's like Asus' AI Suite. If you have something like this software-wise, remove it ASAP.

5. If all of the above fail, the only left to do is replace your processor as it is faulty.

Regards,

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.