Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] BSOD, Fresh Windows Install - Very High CPU

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  owain 
#1 ·
Hi;

So i have been having issues with my MSI GT70 20D, 2 days ago i had a bsod (i had a had quite a few before hand but it seemed to have fixed itself as this was my first bsod in several months). Once it restarted it kept going into "Windows is checking Files" It would then crash with horizontal colored lines across the center of the screen (No cursor).

I ran the factory default from the bios and reverted my windows 7 back to its original status, then configured grub so it was pointing to the correct partition (I have Kali Linux dual booted). I had another BSOD the day after the reset, and now for some reason my laptop seems to be using very high CPU usage. It isnt constant but it fluctuates like crazy (going from 5 to 100 then sitting at 100 for a few seconds and so on).

When playing LOL i have random screen laggs (for those of you who do not know, this is not a game that requires high system specs), i have gone through the following website and installed all the drivers listed:

MSI Australia - Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more 64

Still the same issue, i am most probably going to try and remove kali linux and grub and see if that makes a difference but i cant see why it would. I have attached a txt file with a DXDIAG report of my system specs for your consideration.

Please any help would be much appreciated, bearing in my this laptop is still in warranty so i can have it sent in for warranty repair if needs be.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: BSOD, Fresh Windows Install - Very High CPU

Hi;

Im going through it all now, for some reason i am unable to create a perfmon report... It keeps saying that it timed out:

Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out.​

The rest of the information that you require is below and the Windows7_BSOD file is attached:

OS - Windows 7 x64 (Kali Linux Dual Boot)
Original Installed OS - Windows 7 x64 (Kali Linux Dual Boot)
OS and OEM was originally installed with the laptop
Age of Hardware (Roughly 8 months)
Age of OS - 2 days (Ran a factory restore)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, ~2.4GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model: GT70 2OC/2OD

Power Supply:
Model - ADP-180NB BC
Input - 100-240V ~ 2.5A
Output - 19.5V ~ 9.2A

Attachments

#4 ·

It has started randomly restarting (No BSOD), when it comes back on the black screen asking me to start windows normally or in safe mode etc. comes up but the bottom half of the screen blank, and the rest is pushed up so i cant actually see what i am choosing.

If you look at the image linked:

http://www.oxhow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/windows-safe-mode.jpg

I can only see the last line of the description (It has been this way since i got the laptop).

#6 ·

Yes i can i have all that sorted and ready to go, problem is im using my laptop at the moment as the computers at work are too slow to handle what i need to be doing for the time being. Looks like im going to have to push through for the next week and constantly save everything just in case it crashes again until its all done.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.