Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] BSOD everytime when when i switch on my PC.

2K views 32 replies 5 participants last post by  writhziden 
#1 ·
I get a BSOD everytime i turn on my computer,i have to press reset button multiple times to get it working

· x64
· Original installed OS on system:Windows XP
· retail version
· Age of system (hardware):not sure
· Age of OS installation:3 or 4 months
· CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E7200(2.53 ghz)
· Video Card: Nvidia 9400 GT 1 GB
· MotherBoard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
· Power Supply - brand & wattage:not sure

Attachments

#29 ·
Please tell us the power supply make, model #, Wattage and age.

Uninstall TuneUpUtilities, Winutilities and PowerISO; it's well passed the point where software will help and loading ISO's will use up more of your free space. Uninstall Fraps.

Uninstall the nVidia drivers completely, install them again - drivers only - nVidia Video Cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

Test the RAM: Memory Diagnostics.

Run chkdsk c: /r and allow it to restart to do so. Once restarted, run SFC /SCANNOW to fix/replace any broken/missing System files (if the report says it could not fix errors, run this 2-3 more times). Test the hard drive: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Check and report the voltage readings in the BIOS.

#30 ·
sorry for taking so long reply,i don't know my power supply unit's make, model #, wattage and age,i uninstalled TuneUp Utilities, Winutilities and PowerISO,i did the nvidia only drivers installation thing,i ran Memtest for 24 passes and it did not find any error,i am going to do the hard drive diagnostic today,how to check and report the voltage readings in the BIOS.

#33 ·
If you have a genuine version of Windows, you should be able to run chkdsk c: /r

Do you own a genuine version of Windows that you can replace your current installation with?

I note your product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497

That ID is associated with the blacklisted Lenovo key. You have a Lenovo key installed on a Gigabyte motherboard, implying your system is custom-built with a slic-based key.

Non-Genuine Windows
I am afraid your installation is not genuine. Non-Genuine Windows contains security leaks and also cannot be properly updated which may result in instabilities and blue screen crashes. If you were not aware that your Windows was Non-Genuine, contact your seller or the company that provided the seller and file a complaint. Also let Microsoft know of the problem: Protect Yourself from Piracy

I am sorry, but due to forum rules, we may not assist you further until you have installed a genuine version of Windows. To put the genuine Windows on, I strongly suggest you backup any important data, format your hard disk, and reinstall Windows 7 to make sure all remnants are removed of the software that you used to make Windows work before. If you do not clean re-install, you may be left with a compromised system and your identity, bank accounts, credit card information, etc. may continue to be at risk as they are now. Once you install a genuine version:
Please download and run the MGADiag tool. When it finishes, hit the copy button, and paste in your next post with [code]<MGADiag info>[/code] surrounding the MGADiag info.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.