Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs

BSOD + Dump file collection

This is a discussion on BSOD + Dump file collection within the BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi Folks, I've had BSOD's on and off both frequently and infrequently over the past half a year. Recently they've

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi Folks,

I've had BSOD's on and off both frequently and infrequently over the past half a year. Recently they've been getting pretty bad including this morning where it was basically BSOD after BSOD each reboot.

Anyway, I've collected the data after running the stuff to create the dump file and attached it. Also the BSOD yields a message along the lines of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I've also had some BSOD's in the past which lead me to believe my RAM might be failing, perhaps I should run memtest? Anyway cheers in advance for the help, hope to hear some answers!

ns
Attached Files
File Type: rar TSF_Vista_Support.rar (1.43 MB, 3 views)

Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Here's my brand spanking new suggestions for starting to troubleshoot a BSOD: http://usasma.vox.com/library/post/b...iminaries.html
Try these things as you can - and post back with the results of each (it's important).

You are missing a driver for the SM Bus controller on your system. This is either a device attached to your motherboard, or an attached card reader. Please install drivers for this device or disable it in Device Manager.

There are 30 minidumps from 7/23/06 alone - and bunch from other dates. They started in early June, and drastically increased yesterday. What did you do yesterday (the dump file is time stamped around 9:17 pm)?

Running the last 9 as I type this...

Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Found a Readyboost error at 12:50 pm today - did you do anything with your Readyboost drive around then?

The disabled device is an Intel Flash Card Reader on your system.

Update your Marvell Yukon network driver to the latest available version from the Marvell website
Update your Asus programs (most likely AISuite) from the Asus website

If you'd like, you can probably decrease the frequency of these errors by disabling your pagefile. Don't forget to re-enable it once we're done troubleshooting this bugger.

8 out of the 9 dumps were STOP 0x0a (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), with the other one being a STOP 0x50 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Most likely this is a driver issue - but you should run the memory test anyway (just to rule it out). I think that the key lies in what you did in early June and what you did yesterday.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I have made absolutely 0 hardware changes and can't think of anything out of the blue that I did yesterday. I'll update said drivers and report back. Thanks so much for running the dumps.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Check the Reliability Monitor for stuff that happened yesterday.
Go to Start and type in "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Check to see what it says was done to the system yesterday.

Closed Thread