Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brand-new Computer 2 different BSODs - Details inside.

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  greenbrucelee 
#1 ·
So, I got a new laptop last week, and ever since unboxing it, I've been getting two different BSODs:
- BAD_POOL_HEADER
- DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
This usually happens when DISK is at 100% usage, by whatever reason. There have been a number of different programs or even System that has caused it to be near 100% usage.

http://i.imgur.com/px4OqIy.png

For the questions:
· OS - WINDOWS 8
· 64 BIT
· What was original installed OS on system? - WINDOWS 8
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - Came pre-installed.
· Age of system (hardware) - 1 week old.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - Has never done so. So 1 week old.

· CPU - 8 GB Memory, Intel Core i7 Haswell
· Video Card - Intel
· MotherBoard - It's the one in default Lenovo IdeaPad y410P
· Power Supply - Lenovo, 110W standard U.S.

· System Manufacturer - Lenovo
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) - Y410P

Will attach the logs after I finish installing 7Zip.

See less See more
#4 ·
Uggh, it seems that I cannot edit my original post, so I will supply some additional information here:

The computer basically cannot "Restart". The "Restart" usually takes an infinite amount of time and beyond, then eventually force crashes or I have to press the Power Button, and the next restart will take a very long time, with an error message from Microsoft says "Something went wrong...". The computer will then be very slow for a bit and the Disk write will be at 100% just like in the OP's image, then I can use it.

Just about every time I close my lid, if the computer goes into Hibernation, things fail. I do believe it's something to do with a bad hard drive. Not sure if anyone can fix it? It is a new laptop, so I guess it's a DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.