Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Photographer's Corner

Best site to put family photos online

This is a discussion on Best site to put family photos online within the Photographer's Corner forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Pls advice I want to put my family photos online is that wise to put ??? If yes where I

Old 10-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

Pls advice I want to put my family photos online is that wise to put ??? If yes where I think it's Safer than on DVD r or external hd , on DVD r u can't crash with virus ???

Old 10-17-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
Team Manager - Home Support
Moderator - Hardware Team

OS: Win-7 (64bit), XP-Pro SP3, Linux Mint V.16 (Cinnamon)

My System

Hi sohailgagai

There's lots of photo-hosting web-sites out there but my personal favourite is ' Photobucket'. You need to register with them to set up your account (free, or paid for unlimited space and no adverts) then you can file your photos in folders as you want them, and either keep them private or public as you desire.

It's always handy to have somewhere completely distant to save your pictures to - DVD's are useful but, if disaster does strike (fire etc.), DVD's can be destroyed.

What part of 'WOOF!' don't you understand?
WereBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:57 AM   #3
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

photobucket and webshots is good. google has Picasa Web album.

there are all kinds of online photo albums online. Which ever one you choose, be sure to read their terms of use.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I too would go with Picasa for family albums....

Best thing about their service is that you can download and share images easily and they even have an application you can install to do so directly from your desktop!

..Notepad++ | CoffeeCup | WAMP | GIMP | VLC | Debut | CometBird | Web Dev
Laxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo
Hi sohailgagai

There's lots of photo-hosting web-sites out there but my personal favourite is ' Photobucket'. You need to register with them to set up your account (free, or paid for unlimited space and no adverts) then you can file your photos in folders as you want them, and either keep them private or public as you desire.

It's always handy to have somewhere completely distant to save your pictures to - DVD's are useful but, if disaster does strike (fire etc.), DVD's can be destroyed.
Thankyou ok I will register my self on photo bucket what do you say about flickr ???
Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBo
Hi sohailgagai

What your say on DVD r or external HD
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
Administrator
TSF Manager

Might be wise to look at a review of some hosting sites List of photo sharing websites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The free sites can be annoying with all the advertising and often resize your photos. If you have high quality photos and want to store original photos you may want to consider a paid host.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeit
photobucket and webshots is good. google has Picasa Web album.

there are all kinds of online photo albums online. Which ever one you choose, be sure to read their terms of use.
Thats why I am here pls advice about the terms too ???
Old 10-17-2011, 06:42 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxer
I too would go with Picasa for family albums....

Best thing about their service is that you can download and share images easily and they even have an application you can install to do so directly from your desktop!
Yes I also think that google one is good but what about the privacy and terms ???
Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 AM   #10
Moderator Hardware Team

OS: WinME, WinXP Pro SP3, Win7(x64), Linux distros incl. Ubuntu 9.10 & Netbook Remix & CD2USB, Slax6.1

My System

privacy & terms are something that you would need to read carefully and NOT depend upon the possibility of someone else misleading you ..

I'm not old!!
I'm age impaired

D_F

I DON'T PLAY GAMES

How to mark your thread as solved

HDD DIAG UTILS

TSF's Photographer's Corner

Submit New Articles Here

How to Use Ubuntu to Recover Windows files
Done_Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
Registered Member

Flicker or photobucket. Maybe set up a new account with your family in mind. i.e set it as private and give your family the login and password so you can all contribute. Set up different albums, like kim's photo's, johns photo's etc.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #12
Moderator Hardware Team

OS: WinME, WinXP Pro SP3, Win7(x64), Linux distros incl. Ubuntu 9.10 & Netbook Remix & CD2USB, Slax6.1

My System

Google plus also has a photo sharing facility for friends and family .. if you keep your photo's to less that a 1024x768 format they don't count as part of the max (I Think) 2GB free storage.

I'm not old!!
I'm age impaired

D_F

I DON'T PLAY GAMES

How to mark your thread as solved

HDD DIAG UTILS

TSF's Photographer's Corner

Submit New Articles Here

How to Use Ubuntu to Recover Windows files
Done_Fishin is offline   Reply With Quote