Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmes closing down

818 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tetonbob 
#1 ·
Hi Folks. I use windows Xp and for some considerable time, programmes have been clsoing down on me. I also have Avast Pro and PC docter.
Adobe light room and photoshop 5 also IE close down during operation. I noticed during error reporting that the content of the reports to MS includied a file in my temp internet folder. If I deleted the file it would re-appear during the course of the day. the file address or title was aluntemp etc WER087c.di\appcompat.txt Adobe lightroom was the first and most affected program. I also noted that PC Doctor although appearing fuctional was not producing its normal list of spyware infections etc and when run manually claimed that the PC was clean(unlikley).
Recently I decided to wipe the computer clean and start fresh. Avast and PC Doctor were installed before going on the net and within three hours IE was resetting itself and produciong the same error reports. I had not got around to re-installing the other programmes.
I was wondering if this file is a known item of malware trojan etc??????
I would be oblidged for any help pls!!

#2 ·
Hi,

Please do the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.

NEXT

Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.

#3 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.