Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Inactive Malware Help Topics

How to remove Babylon from my PC

This is a discussion on How to remove Babylon from my PC within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I downloaded Babylon search while I was downloading some Firefox add ons and now I can't get rid of

Old 06-15-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi

I downloaded Babylon search while I was downloading some Firefox add ons and now I can't get rid of it.

I deleted it using the control panel, delete programs but it's still showing when I open IE, and when I run a search for files on My Computer, but won't let me delete them. A pop up window appears with: error 0x80004002

Please let me know if there is any way of removing these files from my PC completely?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach the logs in your next reply.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Proud member of UNITE

Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

IMPORTANT - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Proud member of UNITE