Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Inactive Malware Help Topics

AVG antivirus is not opening.

This is a discussion on AVG antivirus is not opening. within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HI, I think I have some virus on my system. I have avg antivirus installed. It detected some virus but

Old 08-21-2004, 09:18 AM   #1
Registered Member

HI,

I think I have some virus on my system. I have avg antivirus installed. It detected some virus but it was unable to remove it. And now even avg antivirus is not starting. Not only avg but also hijack this is not running. It just doesn't start no matter how many times I double click. So I am unable to post my log here.

Some one plz help me with this problem.

Thank you,
Ravi kiran

Old 08-21-2004, 09:34 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you have Windows XP or ME, make sure to disable System Restore.

Run an online virus scan at TrendMicro or RAV Antivirus. Select the Autoclean option if you use TrendMicro.
Please do NOT PM me. Post whatever questions you may have in the forum and we will take a look at it when we get to it. If you have waited for more than 3 days, you may then and ONLY then PM me for assistance. I will take a look at it.