Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Inactive Malware Help Topics

AEI.exe Unable to kill process?

This is a discussion on AEI.exe Unable to kill process? within the Inactive Malware Help Topics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am trying to kill this process and all I get is "Operation could not be completed. Access is

Old 04-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I am trying to kill this process and all I get is "Operation could not be completed. Access is denied." I recently uninstalled Webroot Antivirus with Spy Sweeper and this process keeps running no matter what. I am wondering how I can delete and if it is infected with a virus.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

Hello and Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post the logs in your next reply for my review. It's the only way I can suggest sound advice.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

Due to lack of response, this topic will now be closed. If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum