Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Electronics

TELEVISION ANTENNA HOOK-UP

This is a discussion on TELEVISION ANTENNA HOOK-UP within the Electronics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. HOW DO I HOOK-UP AN ANTENNA (OR ANYTHING ELSE) TO get regular, ie, free tv channels, as i'm cancelling my

Old 06-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

HOW DO I HOOK-UP AN ANTENNA (OR ANYTHING ELSE) TO get regular, ie, free tv channels, as i'm cancelling my cable-tv: 2yr old toshiba tv, 5 yr old sylvania tv, and 5 yr old orion; cable ready, etc. seattle; do i need some kind of black box or converter box or something ? thanks

Old 06-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

With the change over to digital television analog TVs (no digital tuner) will require a digital OTA converter box along with an antenna. Newer TVs that have digital tuners should be able to get the local digital channels with simply an antenna.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
JMPC is online now   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will getting a larger antenna make my awus 1k wifi less safe?
I have the awus 1k awus036h wifi usb adaptor with the crappy stock 2db antenna. I was told by some randomer on a forum that getting a larger antenna doesn't increase the power output of the adaptor. IIRC this is directly against what I've read in the past but I forgot where so am unable to say...
Remes Cabling and Network Cards 4 09-24-2011 01:30 PM
Internet slow when antenna on computer.
First off, sorry for my two threads, the first one I couldn't edit after the first time I edited it. I just realized that my internet is slow when my antenna is on top of my computer. I have a pci card with an external antenna connecting to it. If it's on top of my computer, my internet is slow,...
KrazyKuul Networking Support 4 07-04-2011 05:49 AM
RP-SMA Cable for WIFI antenna
Hello, i bought about 7m of RP-SMA cable for my WiFI antenna and right now i think there is to much signal power loss when this cable is connected. Is there someone who knows how much dB's is lost per meter of this kind of cable? And is there any difference in signal quality or...
TTK998 Networking Support 1 05-05-2011 07:30 PM
network printer hook up
:4-dontknoI have a office at my house and i am trying to hook my lab top to a printer used across the room with out using any wires. I have an apple network router and the printer is hooked up to apple router and i cant get it to work i have went through the steps to hook the network printer up and...
allaboutr1 Networking Support 1 03-07-2011 04:20 PM
Viper 5901 horn hook up
Hi i just had a 5901 installed in my f-250.They never hooked up the horn with the alarm for some reason.How do i hook up the horn with alarm.The horn wire on the truck is a negative trigger wire,do i just hook it up directly the horn hook up in the 5901 harness.If not can someone give me some...
Ryanrr Car Audio and Alarms 2 02-08-2011 05:16 AM