Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Electronics

sanyo tv stuck on standby

This is a discussion on sanyo tv stuck on standby within the Electronics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. PLEASE HELP, my sanyo tv model CE42LD33-B is stuck on standby, the light is solid blue at the moment, as

Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

PLEASE HELP, my sanyo tv model CE42LD33-B is stuck on standby, the light is solid blue at the moment, as it should be but when i turn on from both the remote and tv the blue light just flashes and tv stays off, after some time flashing it returns to being solid though at times just continues flashing, have tried unplugging it and same thing happens! any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 10-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #2
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi del922

Your set has a power supply problem you will need to inspect the mother board for any bloated capacitors or burned out I.C's.

TV's carry a high voltage and can cause serious personal injury and permanent damage to the board will occur. Have a professional tech service your set if you don't know what you're doing.

" What were dealing with is the battle between the future and the past, between the powers that were and the powers that have yet to be. " --- John Perry Barlow
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keeps Going Into Standby
My laptop (lenovo X60 with Thinkvantage) with Microsoft XP keeps randomly going into standby. I'll be on it for as little as a few minutes, or as much as an hour (or more, sometimes... I think), and then it just says going into standby. The battery is fine, and I disabled a few automatic standby...
ddan49 Laptop Support 4 04-17-2013 10:46 PM
Toshiba Sat A20 boots into Standby...Help Please
I have a Toshiba Satellite A20 PSA20C-0CH4DP which had been sitting idle for a year or so. I wanted to use it as a Linux machine. When I boots it up I got a message that said words to the effect that either the RTC battery voltage was low or that the CMOS data was invalid. I followed the prompts...
atco2 Laptop Support 2 07-14-2012 02:39 PM
Standby Memory Steadily Increasing
After opening my resource monitor just after a reboot, I show almost all non-used memory as "free" and very little as standby. If I sit there and watch it, standby steadily grows as free diminishes until there is very little free memory left. I realize that in theory, standby memory will be...
evilmog9999 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 06-02-2011 05:38 AM
New CPU, Monitor Stuck on Standby
I don't know how to word this correctly as It's quite confusing and I find myself rambling a lot so I'll try make it as short as I can. Any questions just ask. I have three processors, to save time I will refer to them as CPU1 (Newest CPU, currently using this one; Intel Pentium Dual Core...
omg_ryan Motherboards, Bios & CPU 12 04-15-2011 06:51 AM
[SOLVED] Standby Issue
I have a desktop running XP SP3. It is overclocked so I understand that power issues could always play a role here, but it seems that this issue only started after my new AV software. I used to always place the computer in Standby rather than turning it off. That changed, and I first noticed...
silvergoat Windows XP Support 15 01-16-2011 02:42 AM