Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Electronics

Radio sound suddenly soft

This is a discussion on Radio sound suddenly soft within the Electronics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi; My friend's radio ( he does not have a computer) sound went very low suddenly. Can it be the

Old 04-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi; My friend's radio ( he does not have a computer) sound went very low suddenly. Can it be the amplifier? any help would be appreciated. By the way, can anyone recommend a good radio and TV repair person? Most shops have closed down. Thanks. Mr. dibs.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Moderator Automotive Center

Hi Mr.dibs

What is the make and model and S/N# of the radio, low sound can mean a number of things such as a blown amplifier, bad capacitor, blown variable resistor etc.. Most radios can be repaired by using a DMM to test components such as transistors and other discrete components. But radios with LCD's require more specialized equipment.

" What were dealing with is the battle between the future and the past, between the powers that were and the powers that have yet to be. " --- John Perry Barlow
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Vostro 1000 laptop-typing lag, sound lag, everything lag
So, I have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop (which buying was a big mistake, I'm aware of that now) and I run Windows XP Service Pack 3. I have had (and am currently having) so many problems with it that I don't even know where to start, or if this is even the right place to put this. Months and...
britsticks Laptop Support 5 04-03-2011 09:48 AM
<<MOVED>> HDMI messed up sound channels on PC games
Hi all! This looked like a very helpful forum which is what I am exactly looking for atm. I just got a new Sony 5.1 Home Theater system(Sony HTSS370) for my Sony 40' Bravia HDTV so I can enjoy my games on my laptop in full 1080p HD and also 5.1 surround sound. My laptop is connected to my HT ...
Spider-Abu Laptop Support 18 04-02-2011 01:25 PM
My computer has no sound
My computer has no sound. I check on all mute boxes and none of them were checked, I checked my speakers, I disabled and enabled my two sound drivers, I have adjusted my volume to be heard, I have tried "Fix It" on the Microsoft website, and I have restarted my computer many times. Sound Drives:...
Strutlangor Windows XP Support 8 02-03-2011 06:15 PM
[SOLVED] Biostar mobo onboard sound issue, drivers not working
I just upgraded my comp, was running an old 800mhz CPU/512mb RAM, hacked together out of bits and pieces of all manner of old, fossilized machines, damnable thing was older than I am, or bits of it were, now I have a half decent system. Currently running: XP pro Biostar N68S3+ motherboard...
Tsathoggua Motherboards, Bios & CPU 15 01-10-2011 11:05 PM
What happens if I suddenly unplug the external sound card from the USB slot?
Hi, I have an external sound card connected via USB to my laptop. It works well. If I were to disconnect it while the laptop is on, would the sound card or the laptop be damaged? I am asking because sometimes, when I have to move somewhere else with my laptop, I turn it off, disconnect the...
ionitacornell Sound Cards 3 01-04-2011 03:00 PM