Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Electronics

lip sync error Vizio 42" LCD HDTV

This is a discussion on lip sync error Vizio 42" LCD HDTV within the Electronics forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. We just got this TV and it's got a problem with lip sync, meaning the audio doesn't match the video.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

We just got this TV and it's got a problem with lip sync, meaning the audio doesn't match the video. There is a lag between what is said and their lips moving. We only have an antenna and rotor, no cable or satellite. Is this an issue with just the TV, antenna reception, or what? How do I fix it? Model E421VA

Old 01-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Registered Member

I called Vizio and they said it is in the antenna reception but my other (old style) TV doesn't lag. It happens constantly on one channel and randomly on another as well as DVD's

Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

We couldn't find any help with this so we returned the TV and purchased the Vizeo Razor LED LCD HDTV. It has Lip sync adjustment in the menu. It worked! Can't believe how many people live with this and how many techies and sales people know nothing about it. Even the clerk that sold us the razor didn't know it had lip sync function.