Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Warcraft III Installation Problem

30K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  utssb 
#1 ·
When I try to install Warcraft III the installation always fails. It gets to a certain point and then will be unable to install a data file which varies. This last time it was 'E:\support\Readme\(Mac)ReadMeMenu.html'.

There's no way it could be a problem with the CD because I have used it to easily install Warcraft III on other computers. I really can't imagine what the problem could be. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

#4 ·
Re: Warcraft III Installation Problem

Insert the CD and open Windows Explorer. Create a new folder on your C: drive, then drag all the files and folders to this new folder from the CD. Run the setup (setup.exe or install.exe, see manual for more details) from the new folder. There's a possibility that this method won't work if the game has a security feature that requires the CD to be inserted.

#6 ·

Open Windows Explorer and click on the CD icon. Its contents will appear on the right. Highlight the folders and files, then drag and drop them into the new folder on your hard drive C:

It will take a minute for all the files to be copied from the CD to the hard drive. When it's finished, run the install file from the new folder.

#8 ·

Somehow after dozens of tries Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos installed successfully. But now the expansion Frozen Throne keeps having an error at the same point. The error reads:

Program: C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\war3_install.exe
File: Files100\War3x.mpq

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.