Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Game Installation Support

[SOLVED] Company Of Heroes - installing error

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Company Of Heroes - installing error within the Game Installation Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I Installed company of heroes on my laptop and when i run the game it does start and i get

Old 12-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Red Faced

I Installed company of heroes on my laptop and when i run the game it does start and i get an error window telling me that
"Failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Company of Heroes. Verify that DirectX is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system."

now I know i have more than the minimum requirements on my laptop
and I have the latest version of Directx and i have ensured that it works
I've tried lowering down the video sittings
and even tried installing the game in different locations still the same error message

at last i tried to disable the video card from the device manager and it worked! but after one hour the was in a state of overheat and it shutdown.
PLEASE help me

Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Games Team | Tech
Networking Team-Tech

My System

Hi and welcome to TSF!
Have you tried following all of these steps?

Gaming troubleshooting steps.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. -Jim Elliot
Jason09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

YES :(
Old 12-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Step 8:
Quote:
8. If, after running through each of the above steps, you are still having the problem, then post your issue in the appropriate section, along with your full system specs (see the link below for info on posting system specs) and a list of the games which have the problem, and indicate that you have run through these steps. Someone will take a look at your thread as soon as possible.
Which graphics driver version number are you using, and when did you update to the latest version?

If you're using a laptop, you won't have a plug-in graphics card, you'll be using onboard graphics (a chip on the motherboard). What's the full name of the entry that you disabled in Device Manager?

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M
Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Download the latest chipset drivers and nvidia graphics driver from your laptop manufacturer's website, install and reboot.

watch?v=CBVFpYN0iNo
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
Registered Member

thank you so much , it worked :)))))))))
Old 07-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
Registered Member

Hello I am having the exact same error, "Failed to find a supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Company of Heroes. Verify that DirectX is properly installed and that you have the latest drivers for your system."

I have a brand new lenovo computer, here are my specs.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
memory: 6144MB RAM
DirectX 11
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M (my computer decides which one to use (but i told it to use NVIDIA card on company of heroes but still did not work))
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600 GB hard drive

I don't know what to do, I have done everything it has said, My drivers are fully updated, i fit the minimum requirments, and my directX is version 11. PLEASE HELP ME.