Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Home Theater

HDTV getting no signal from DVD player through component cable

This is a discussion on HDTV getting no signal from DVD player through component cable within the Home Theater forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I bought a samsung plasma 720p HDTV, and I have a DVD (not blu ray, just DVD) player and

Old 09-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello. I bought a samsung plasma 720p HDTV, and I have a DVD (not blu ray, just DVD) player and I bought component cables since the tv has no composite input. Weirdly, I get absolutely nothing with the component cables, when I select the source it should feed from, it says no signal. Even more oddly, when I hook it up with a composite cable, it actually works, just with no color in the picture. I say that's weird because I see no reason why composite would work and component not. Why isn't it receiving any signal from the component cables? They're brand new. I made certain I was inserting in the correct colors. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

The most likely cause for no video from component inputs is having the colors incorrect. Re-check them and even experiment with different combinations and see if that works. You do realize that you also need a separate audio connection as component is just the video from the DVD player.
Rgrds-Ross

Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus
Agreed. My Wii was disconmected somehow and I was blindly reconnecting things. Wrong input connections won't hurt it but some systems will stay blank until they get what they are expecting.

-----------------------------
There are no dumb questions, unless a customer is asking them.

Help in the fight against cancer and other serious illnesses.
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread