Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Home DIY Support

Husky 1750 Power Washer

This is a discussion on Husky 1750 Power Washer within the Home DIY Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have the 1750 washer and it is not working correctly. It does turn on and water does flow through

Old 04-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have the 1750 washer and it is not working correctly. It does turn on and water does flow through the unit. However, when the trigger is squeezed it doesn't have the pressure it orginally had. The hose seems clear. I did replace the GFI plug since it failed. It gives all the indications it should work fine but just doesn't have the pressure anymore. The serial # is 0405334432. Can anyone offer suggestions or a checklist I should start with. Thank You. Scott

Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Moderator Offline

Hi and welcome to TSF

Is there any chance it was ever exposed to freezing temperature ? Going to assume that it does start, just will not pressurize the water.

These little pumps probably not worth repairing. My first guess is you need a new pump. I don't see them available except maybe through the manufacture. They there is a rebuild kit available here:

Husky Electric 1750 Pressure Washer Replacement Parts

Will it cure your problem? I would say you have at best a 50-50 shot it will.
If it was exposed to freezing temps, the pump housing is probably bad.

Never store a unit in an un heated area in the winter. My two units are in my basement in cooler/ cold weather.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Basementgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Never exposed to cold air and stored in my heated basement also. It almost seems like sand or something is stuck within it. Where/What is the unloaded valve I see mentioned, cold that be it?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Moderator Offline

I would think if the unit is passing water (garden hose type pressure) it is the pump assembly. If you have been connect to a house faucet should be nothing like sand in it. I would also think there should be an inlet screen on the water intake.

Where are you reading about an unloader valve? Assuming it has one you would see water leaking out of it. By definition an unloader only comes into play if there is excessive pressure on the pump.

Also any pressure washer can not sit running with no water passing through it for about more than 1 minute or it will burn up the pump.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

I'm going to ask the stupid question....are you sure you have the right nozzle-tip on the end?
Mine came with 4-5 different tips for different jobs. The black one is used when you are siphoning a cleaner or bleach to expel out of the wand. The spray is very light and wide with that tip and almost looks like there is no pressure.
Is there a spray tip on the end of the wand?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
Registered Member

I say something stuck in it since some masons used it to clean rocks when recontructing a barn foundation and they had the lines and tips on and off.

I read about the unloader valve here regarding the same unit on another thread.

It has 2 wands (built in tips) with it and I've tried both. When hooked up but not turned on you get the normal facet pressure, turining the unit on give you additional pressure but not 1750 psi. I am aware that running the unit without water could burn it up.

I will check the screen tonight. If that's not it I guess I will tear into it further. Thanks for the help and feel free to shoot me any other suggestions. I know these are cheap throw away units but I cannot see purchasing a great one for the 6 times I use it a year. Thanks.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
Registered Member

Here's the thread on the unloader valve and even has a guy who tore into it further.... Husky 1750PSI pressure washer
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
Moderator Offline

With out finding a parts diagram kind of hard to say. From what I see the pump rebuild kit ( O rings, etc) is really the only shoot you got. Very well be throwing away $40.00+ on it.

Getting any assistance from Husky seems to be a real waste of time.

I still say it is not the unloader or you would see water leaking from some place.

I have never needed to work on my electric washer, McCulloch brand, but I have worked on a couple of gas ones, same idea except engine. Both got trashed as it was too much for a replacement pump.

If your masions were sucking intake water out of buckets, they probably added chemicals to that water, like Muriatic Acid/Hydrochloric acid. Really bad idea, it will eat metal in the pump.

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Old 04-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thank You. I found the manual, specs and parts here, I'll let you know what I find. 1750 US | Product Specs
http://huskypowerwasher.com/pdf/1750english.pdf
http://huskypowerwasher.com/store/husky1750.html
Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
Moderator Offline

Still no good parts manual. Guessing the pump is not replaceable/not available. It is a throw away unit in my book.

BG

ASAP member since 2006