Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Home DIY Support

Hunter Thermostat 40135

This is a discussion on Hunter Thermostat 40135 within the Home DIY Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Hunter Thermostat 40135 and when i replaced the battery the thermostat wouldnt turn off when it got

Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Hunter Thermostat 40135 and when i replaced the battery the thermostat wouldnt turn off when it got to the set temperature. i thought that it messed up the relays in the thermostat so i went and bought a new thermostat(same model) All i did was turn off the furnace and replaced the thermostat and not the backplate. I left the backplate wired since it was working correctly before i replaced the battery.

Once I replaced the thermostat it wont turn on my heater or AC. It will however turn on and off the fan. If i put my old one back on then it will turn both on but wont turn them off when i get to a the set temperature.

I dont have a Multimeter or i would check to see if the 24v source is working correctly.

Any help would be appreciated. Im tired of turning on and off the thermostat manually.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

http://www.hunterair.com/ssi/pdf/hun...ers-manual.pdf

According to the Owner's Manual (pages 17&18) the thermostat needs to be set for the type of system you have. HG is for gas and HE is electric.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replace Thermostat Help
I'm trying to change out my old Trane Weathertron Thermostat with a Carrier Thermostat. Below is the information I know about both (which isn't much): Trane Weathertron Baystat239A - Currently there are eight wires hooked up to this thermostat. Those wires are below with my understanding...
FCHunter82 Home DIY Support 1 12-14-2012 03:44 PM
Wifi Thermostat
Hello all, For some reason i cannot upload pictures (I tried few hosts but its not showing here. Please open picture link instead. Appreciated) I have bought a house with Lux500 Thermostats installed at 3 levels. I want to upgrade these by some wifi thermostats, i did some research and found...
kwan225 Home DIY Support 0 11-28-2012 08:20 PM
Thermostat wiring help
I don't know what I've done wrong but clearly I have. I have an electric ac and gas furance. Last winter we assumed there was a problem with the thermostat since when we had people look at it they said the furance was fine. I bought a new thermostat a honeywell RTH2300b. The wires that came out of...
danyell Home DIY Support 4 08-20-2012 08:03 AM
Wiring a Thermostat
So after reading all the "easy" installation instructions that came with a new Hunter thermostat and surfing the internet, I am clueless... I have only 4 wires coming out of the wall: Red, Black, White, and Green. None of the diagrams match these wires and I've tried a few of the best...
TwoFour Home DIY Support 4 11-05-2011 09:12 AM
Hunter Thermostat 44155C?
for some reason my thermostat stopped blowing heat and started blowing cold air. i got a 4-wiring system blue-red-white-green how should i configure it to my new thermostat? http://www.hunterfanhq.com/tools/sales/hunter/preseason/images/owners/41778.pdf i found that out but i still cant...
vtech Home DIY Support 24 05-13-2011 03:57 PM