Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Home Support > Home DIY Support

Clean a glass ceramic top stove?

This is a discussion on Clean a glass ceramic top stove? within the Home DIY Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i spend 1/2 roll of paper towel each time i clean my glass ceramic top stove and this is starting

Old 05-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

i spend 1/2 roll of paper towel each time i clean my glass ceramic top stove and this is starting to be expensive!! i use cerama bryte.what is the best way to clean??

Old 05-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
Administrator
TSF Manager

I'd be more concerned with the cost of the product you are using.

1/2 roll of paper towels?? Sounds like you are spilling too much food on the cooktop or don't clean often enough.

For heavy burned-on residue you may need to use a scraper.....I see a single edged razor blade is recommended but I would be very careful and prefer to use a plastic scraper.

For regular burned-on reside use the cleaning pads that came with your product and wipe with a soft cloth afterwards.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
Enthusiast

My System

Often I use something like Simply Green.
Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes. It usually loosens everything and is easily wiped off.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows xp does not start up desktop
Hi all New user and found your site after searching google. I have tried all the usual things such as system restore, starting in safe mode and running virus checker. Problem is when i start up laptop the desktop does not load, i either have to ctrl, alt & del and type explorer.exe , which...
KevinDSAFC Resolved HJT Threads 19 03-22-2011 12:27 PM
Google Redirecting Virus (reposting after 2 weeks)
So when i ever i click on a link from a google search i am redirected to a new website. I haven't recently downloaded anything that i think maybe the cause. My computer is just an old hp running xp with 768mb ram. The problem happens in all browsers but the ones i use most are Firefox and...
blackbrawler Inactive Malware Help Topics 23 03-20-2011 07:12 PM
Virus/Anytime I click on anything dozens of pop ups appear
Good Morning, Anytime I click on any page I get dozens of popups. Then my computer will crash and a red sign comes up saying .dll did not work and the computer must shut down. Or a blue screen will appear and say that windows needs to shut down...Any help you can offer would be greatly...
Nala807 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 35 03-02-2011 12:08 PM
Browser Redirect Issue
I have been having an issue with both IE and Firefox redirecting Google search results a majority of the time. I had done a scan with Spybot Search & Destroy prior to posting here and "Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite" (15 entries) and "Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts" (3 entries) were the only...
bob2881 Resolved HJT Threads 21 02-21-2011 06:48 PM