Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Small Engines

Tecumseh Carb Part ID

This is a discussion on Tecumseh Carb Part ID within the Small Engines forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I need help identifying a Tecumseh carb. The only numbers I can find are "901 3J7" stamped on the carb

Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

I need help identifying a Tecumseh carb. The only numbers I can find are "901 3J7" stamped on the carb and "510 125" on the carb intake pipe. The motor has a Tecumseh metal tag with an indian on it but I cannot find an engine information label. This engine is used on a log splitter that's at least 25yrs old and from what I was told by the man who built it is that it is an 8hp engine. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Most model and type numbers were stamped into the tin cover for the flywheel then they paint over them, they are usually on the flat side near the spark plug or on the vertical side of the tin shroud.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Registered Member

My System

Is the engine block cast iron or aluminum? Where is the oil fill located? How many bolts on the head?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tecumseh carb
I have a riding mower I just bought and the carb is leaking fuel through it. I've changed the float and the needle and seat. It still is leaking. I check to make sure the float valve shuts off and it does. But when I put all together it leaks by. Help!:4-dontkno
dillpenny Small Engines 1 07-31-2011 05:20 AM
New Tecumseh HH60 Question: Seized?
Hey guys, I have an older Troy Bilt Horse tiller, with a Tecumseh HH60 engine. Tiller is circa 1974, shortblock was replaced around 1982-3... Has newer carb (replaced about 2 years ago) and was running great at that time, but it rarely gets used and has been running poorly as of last year....
mikeinri Small Engines 7 05-15-2011 06:57 AM
Briggs and Stratton blowing gas out carb
I have a Briggs model 407577 Type 0292 E1 21HP Intek V Twin engine that is blowing gas out of the carb and flooding the engine. The few times it has actually cranked gas flows out of the muffler and drowns the spark plugs. I took the breather off and tried to crank it and gas is blowing out the...
MDC4769 Small Engines 4 04-24-2011 05:57 PM
10hp tecumseh carb problem?
I'm having a problem with a late 70's snow king with a 10 hp Tecumseh. It starts with no problem, ( full choke ,2 primes, full throttle and 2 pulls and it starts every time). When i turn the choke off it runs fine for a min then starts to die, so I pull the choke back out and it picks right up and...
Snowkingowner Small Engines 4 02-10-2011 03:29 PM
Tecumseh Carb
First time rebuilding carb on a Tecumesh engine. Can anybody give me a hint on how to get the fuel inlet needle seat out, can't get it out & don't want to damage anything in the process. Thanks
bigbep Small Engines 2 01-01-2011 05:38 AM