Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Small Engines

Problem with 8 HP Briggs & Stratton engine

This is a discussion on Problem with 8 HP Briggs & Stratton engine within the Small Engines forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello: I have an 8 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. It will only run with the choke in the fully

Old 06-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello:

I have an 8 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. It will only run with the choke in the fully closed position. However, when I advance the throttle pass mid-way it stalls.

It has gravilty feed of the fuel through a new filter. I rebuilt the carburetor but still have the same problem. The carburetor is a Flo-Jet , medium 2-piece. B&S part no. 390323.

Don't know what to try next.

Would appreciate suggestions.

Ron

Old 01-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi Ron
check out this link I have found it very useful Disassembly, Cleaning and Repair of Briggs and Stratton Small Two-Piece Flo-jet Carburetor, Part 1

Good luck with the repair
Cheers redfred

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Briggs and Stratton 18hp VTwin
I have a Briggs and Stratton 18 hp Vtwin on my Woods 6180 mower and am having problems with oil sucking up into the air filter. I am using straight number 40 engine oil. I have it filled to the dipstick mark or maybe a little below. The mower has approximately 650 hours on it. Any ideas what...
Chevyman22360 Small Engines 3 07-16-2011 03:50 AM
BSOD Help
I'm a bit of a noob, so I hope I did the correctly. I'm running windows 7. 64 bit. This computer has always had Windows7 on it, and it came with the computer. The computer is 1.5 years old and has always done this. Intel(r) Core(tm)2 Quad CPU Q8400@ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz Video Card: Nvidia...
sasarai1987 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 06-15-2011 11:46 PM
briggs and stratton start bendix not engaging
i have a brand new starter that i installed on my rideon mower its a 16.5 hp twin now i removed the starter to find out why it was cranking slowly i had it check by a mower service center in town and i checked out fine i reinstalled it and now the bendix (gear ) does not lift up and ingage???? i...
mainemower Small Engines 5 05-04-2011 05:22 AM
Briggs and Stratton 8 hp power increase
Just purchased a Toro Rear Engine Rider 8-32 with B/S 8 hp. Runs great but wish it had a little more power. How much additional hp could get I get with maximum overhaul, i.e., bore the cylinder, larger piston, and shaving head. Or ideally I would like to find a 12 hp but not sure if it would...
bertram31 Small Engines 2 04-17-2011 08:02 AM
Briggs and Stratton Lawnmower
I purchased a lawnmower last month and used it once. Yesterday we tried to use it but the string at the side that need to pull to start the motor is not loose. It is stiff and I am afraid I will break it. How can I get it to work?:4-dontkno
verhy01 Small Engines 1 04-05-2011 11:02 AM