Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help!

870 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  AVB 
#1 ·
I have a black widow 136 fun kart. I need to replace the belt, however I do not know how to get the clutch cover off. I know I just need to remove the bolt, but how do I keep it from spinning?

#2 · (Edited)
What is the model number of the Sportworks kart? If it is the 3171 then the following are the instructions from the owners manual.

E. Belt Replacement

Ensure the kart is on a smooth flat surface and the engine is OFF. Apply parking brake. Remove the three mounting bolts for the belt cover. Remove mounting screw located behind the belt cover at the bottom. Using a ½” socket or box wrench, remove the drive (front) pulley mounting bolt and pull the pulley off the crank shaft. If the existing belt
is still in tact, remove existing belt. If not, look for anything that may have caused the belt to fail prematurely. Inspect and clean pulley with dry cloth or compressed air. Install new belt with the tapered edge away from the engine. Place belt around the driven (rear) pulley and stretch over the crank shaft and onto the spanner. Replace the drive
pulley and mounting bolt. Tighten bolt to 30 ftlb.

#5 ·
May need go an alternate way by removing the engine's flywheel cover and the ignition coil so a strap wrench can be put around the flywheel so you can hold the engine crankshaft still so you can remove the bolt. This engine's flywheel doesn't have a gear ring so a strap is about the only to hold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.