Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Small Engines

Craftsman lawn tractor won't turn over

This is a discussion on Craftsman lawn tractor won't turn over within the Small Engines forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all. I'm new to all this and came across this forum because i encountered a problem with my Craftman

Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all. I'm new to all this and came across this forum because i encountered a problem with my Craftman lawn tractor 18.0Hp Model: 917.27639 I had been mowing for an hour or so and then I disengaged the blade, increased my speed to 4 and was driving to the front of the house. The tractor was running fine until I increased the throttle and then the tractor just died. So I turned the key off, moved the stick back to neutral and tried to restart the engine. The engine would not fully start. The engine is cranking but won't fully turn over. I tried moving throttle both in fast, neutral and slow to try to get it to turn all the way but nothing :( I'm totally clueless when it comes to lawn tractors so I'm asking for any kind of advice. It would be so greatly appreciated. Like I said I haven't had any issues until I tried to increase throttle speed while traveling in 4th speed when it just stopped. I thought the engine was flooded so I waited 10min and then tried starting it up again and still it won't fully turn. I assume that the problem had to do with the throttle since that's the last thing I touched before it went out on me? Thanks for any advice in advance.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

Try loosen your fuel cap .sometime the vent get plug.letting no air in

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with simple Java game
Hello TSF, I've been learning Java recently, and I've been developing a small game that I've been having some problems with now that I'm in beta. It's mostly for me to test my skills, and I really didn't want to have to ask for help, but I can't figure this out for the life of me. So the way the...
Crockeo Programming 11 10-10-2012 06:06 PM
Computer turns itself off on normal mode, but doesn't turn itself off on safe mode.
Lately I have been having problems with my computer. It turns itself off (it doesn't say "Windows is shutting down..", it just dies.) when I am using it. It turns off after a few hours, sometimes after a few minutes. Then I would have to wait a few minutes until I can turn it on. Because it would...
computernoob777 Windows XP Support 2 08-01-2011 02:23 PM
Motherboard is getting power; but won't turn on
Alright, so this is the weirdest problem i've ever had with a computer. I have loads of experience with computers, and this problem absolutely baffles me. Please, help me find a solution. Well-here's the problem. About 2 weeks ago, i bought a new PSU (it's a thermaltake Tr2 600W). It worked...
Jas.Savage Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 07-07-2011 07:50 PM
[SOLVED] Craftsman DYT4000 Lawn Tractor
Craftsman DYT4000 Lawn Tractor 24hp 48" When I engage blades the tractor slows down in speed/loses power
dru davis Small Engines 2 04-14-2011 03:18 PM
How to disable your security applications
Note: Those which do not have the instructions for re-enabling are usually re-enabled by a reboot. Once the scans are completed, be sure to Turn On "Real-Time Scanning". Adaware 10 Free/Pro Antivirus Open Ad-aware 10 Click on "Real-time Protection" in the left panel, and toggle it...
amateur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 0 06-14-2010 01:12 PM