Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Small Engines

Briggs and Stratton Pulsa-Jet Carburetor

This is a discussion on Briggs and Stratton Pulsa-Jet Carburetor within the Small Engines forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm trying to fix my neighbor's lawn edger. The engine number is 80202 4015 01 90061103. I've replaced the diaphragm

Old 09-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm trying to fix my neighbor's lawn edger. The engine number is 80202 4015 01 90061103. I've replaced the diaphragm (it was stiff), and that always worked before for me on the Pulsa-Jet carburetors.

When I started working on this engine, the reservoir in the fuel tank had a lot of rust and gum from old fuel in it and covering the bottom of the short intake tube. By putting a drinking straw full of gasoline in the air intake, the engine now starts and runs and the fuel reservoir fills by itself, so it seems worthwhile to keep working on it.

I still have a plugged fixed-inlet, which on this carburetor is on the bottom of the the shorter fuel pickup tube, which is part of the carburetor casting. Picture 4 on this link is a picture of what I'm trying to describe.
Disassembly of Briggs and Stratton Tank-mounted Pulsa-jet Fixed-jet Small Well Carburetor - Horizontal Crankshaft Engine

I've soaked the carburetor for two days, but I can't blow through the fixed-inlet and neither can my air compressor. I've taken out the mixture needle so the carburetor cleaner can get in from both sides.

What else can I try besides soaking the carburetor in a gallon of cleaner for a day at a time?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
la1
Registered Member

did you take the nylon intake off ?

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with 8 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
Hello: I have an 8 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. It will only run with the choke in the fully closed position. However, when I advance the throttle pass mid-way it stalls. It has gravilty feed of the fuel through a new filter. I rebuilt the carburetor but still have the same problem. The...
RONALD LECH Small Engines 1 01-22-2012 04:04 PM
Pulsa Prime problem (Briggs & Stratton)
I have a mower with a Briggs & Stratton Quattro 4hp with the pulsa prime carburator. It started running very rough, chugging and barely ran fast enough to keep running. After some research I cleaned out the fuel tank, changed the plug and replaced the diaphram. It now runs great but the only way I...
mjed0 Small Engines 4 07-18-2011 10:31 PM
Briggs & stratton Primer bulb problem
Hi, I have a LS45 engine with the carb on top of the tank (model 10D902). When I press the primer bulb (694394) in, it stay's in and very slowly returns to it's original shape. When the bulb is pressed in , there is no fuel entering the carburetor but it sounds like bubbles are being blown back in...
simon123simon Small Engines 2 06-28-2011 11:26 AM
Briggs & Stratton 15.5h quits running
I have a newly rebuilt 15.5h Briggs & Stratton motor on my rider. When the fuel tank is about 1/4 full (about 1/2 gallon) it sputters and shuts off like it's out of gas. I've replaced the fuel filter and drained out gas and put in new gas. Filled it almost full and it ran fine, but when it got to...
RustedE150 Small Engines 2 06-13-2011 06:04 AM
briggs and stratton 20hp intec carb problem
dual barrel carb.....the engine starts on full choke, as you start to slide choke in rpms ramp up to a scary point. the throttle lever seems to give no response, at the engine when it is running the throttle/governer linkage is clear against idle screw. but if i take off choke it is like the thing...
prowler19762001 Small Engines 5 04-26-2011 10:33 AM