Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

B&S 6.75 OHV Starts only on Fluid

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  tinmac17 
#1 ·
I have a Cub Cadet SRC621 with a Briggs and Stratton 6.75HP OHV Engine. This sat in my Neighbors shed for 8 years or so. I have a New Carb (old gunked) new spark plug, new oil. I can't pull start it for some reason. If I spray starter fluid in, it runs without issue but If I stop and empty the bag or something it will not pull start without another spray. Need some help! Thanks in Advance!!!!

#4 ·
Kinda luck out as the engine is list for that 2001 Cub when I pulled up the mower.

Check and make sure the Gasket on the primer side of the carburetor is making full contact. The primer will not work unless there there is an air tight seal.

#5 ·
Dude, you're the man! When I bought a new carb I guess there are different types of air cleaner gaskets. It must have come with a different type which blocked the air hole for the primer. I just ordered a 10 pack of the different types of the gaskets it could be. I'll let you know when I get them and if it worked for me. but it no doubt fit but clearly wasn't the correct gasket. Thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.