Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allis Chalmers b110

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Yukdun 
#1 ·
I have a Allis and Chalmers tractor that has a Briggs and Stratton engine. It cranks but won't start, there is no spark in the plug but I don't know where to start with that. Any help would be great.

#2 ·
Don't anything about the tractor itself but please post the Briggs engine numbers so we see if a points style or Magnatron setup. I work quite Briggs engine as part of my small repair business.

If its a points system them you may need to pull the flywheel to check, clean and adjust the points. As for they are a little harder to troubleshoot as the condenser could be bad, Kill circuit shorted, bad coil, or bad plug.

Magnatrons are solid state ignition system so there are only a few things to check.
Basically does it fire with kill from the coil using a known good plug? If it does then you short in the kill circuit. If don't you replace coil pack.

On very rare occasions the flywheel magnet can weak but I have only heard of that and personally never seen one.

#3 ·
On the engine it says Model 243431,type 012301, code 611009. The numbers are difficult to read since it's rustyour but I'll try to look it up and find it online if these are wrong. Thanks for getting back so fast, hopefully we'll be able to figure this out so I can get the old girl running again.

#4 ·
243431-0123-0199, code 611009. Date Code missing a couple digits.

That's a fairly old engine. hopefully with the Date Code that is leading numbers which would make it 1961 model which would a points and condenser system. The points contacts are glassed over only a light clean with 220+ sand paper should them working again.

They change over to the Magnatron in Aug 01, 1981. And for your system it appears you can upgrade to it if it hasn't already been change over. PN 398811 Coil Pack.

It was the old cast iron blocks that use reverse polarity flywheel magnets that can't be converted but I think you can still use Nova II trigger module even on them to replace the points just need the dual polarity version so you can have positive ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.