Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Automotive Center > Small Engines

26 hp briggs engine

This is a discussion on 26 hp briggs engine within the Small Engines forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. have a 26 hp briggs on a scag mower. engine was starting and running with no problems and the next

Old 07-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

have a 26 hp briggs on a scag mower. engine was starting and running with no problems and the next day would start. when turing the key the only sound was clicking coming from the carburator. i replaced the two 20 amp fuses and the solenoid with no change. battery was/is charged fully, oil is at proper level, plenty of gas. safety sensors on the seat and steering arms apear to be working because when they are not engaged there is no sound when turing to key.

thanks

Old 07-31-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
Registered Member

Make sure you have power at all the cable ends when you turn the key before buying any more parts.

Check the solenoid actuator wire with a test light (12 volt) by holding the probe on the solenoid wire terminal and turn the key as to start the engine. If that passes try the terminal on the solenoid on the starter side, then where the cable joins the starter.

If you have power to all the cable ends try turning the fly wheel both directions 1 full turn and re-test, if nothing happens replace the starter.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with 8 HP Briggs & Stratton engine
Hello: I have an 8 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. It will only run with the choke in the fully closed position. However, when I advance the throttle pass mid-way it stalls. It has gravilty feed of the fuel through a new filter. I rebuilt the carburetor but still have the same problem. The...
RONALD LECH Small Engines 1 01-22-2012 04:04 PM
XP Anti-Virus 2011
I have this Virus called XP Anti-Virus 2011, i restarted my computer and tryed safe mode, but the start menu wont load in any mode, i cant open Firefox to download any anti virus or anything it blocked it, all my icons/start menu is gone it just shows background. Ive tryed looking on google but...
Plus2112 Inactive Malware Help Topics 13 06-10-2011 08:34 AM
18 hp Briggs & Stratton Engine Problem
I Have a Craftsman 917.272751 riding mower with an 18hp briggs & stratton engine. The engine popped (didn't sound like a backfire)and shut off and will not start. It doesn't sound like it is firing when I try to start it. Any and all help in trying to determine the problem would be greatlly...
cbrmay79 Small Engines 1 05-18-2011 02:32 PM
14.5 Hp Briggs & Straton engine Rod
Hi all, I have 14.5 HP Briggs & Starton engine that I need a Piston rod for. i have looked on www.BriggsandStratton.com but for some reason they don't have a 14.5 engine listed under lawn mower engine. This is a friend lawn mower with I am helping to rebuild. the rod was totally destroyed. It...
tgs3734 Small Engines 1 03-28-2011 09:46 AM
can't tune this briggs engine
I recently found an old Briggs and Stratton engine in the barn. I know that it ran when it was pulled off the heavy machinery, although I have no idea what machinery it did come off of. The only information that i have of this engine is the information stamped on the side: hp: 11 synchrono...
Mistyreiny Small Engines 11 03-16-2011 03:16 AM