Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Door locks

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Basementgeek 
#1 ·
I am trying to hook up a Viper 5101 in my 1997 Ford F150. The problem is is that i have no factory keyless entry on the truck. Which means i have type c locks. So I was reading about it, and someone said i need to install a 5 wire relay to make it work corectly. Does anyone have any info on this or know of a good write up explaining this??

#3 · (Edited)
I hooked my locks up according to this layout (accuators/reverse polarity)..... Car Security and Convenience, Power Door Locks, Multiple Wire Systems, Add Auto Lock/Unlock

The keyless entry now works, but when I try to use the actual switchs on the door it will not work, but if i unplug the actuators from the relays the switches on the door work.... I'm very confused as to why this is happening.... Can anyone give me any input on this?? I do see in the diagram where the two wires from the alarm say they are negative, but the ones from my alarm are (+)(-) does that make any difference?

#4 ·
if you cut the wires in between the connections that would mean they wont work, in the link you provided which diagram did you follow?

#6 ·
I usually tap into them in the kick panels which would be between the switch and actuators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.