Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Building

Will this motherboard fit in this case?

This is a discussion on Will this motherboard fit in this case? within the Building forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP media center a1700n PC, and the clip for the PCI-E slot that my video card was

Old 02-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP media center a1700n PC, and the clip for the PCI-E slot that my video card was in got broken, so I decided since I needed to replace the motherboard anyway, I'd upgrade some. I bought an Asus M4A79XTD Evo motherboard and a new AMD Rana processor, but I need to know if the motherboard can be mounted in the stock case. It's a mid tower size case.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

Aftermarket Mid-Tower cases will accept ATX (full size) Mobo's but I'm not certain about your OEM case. Most OEM PC's use mATX Mobo's so my best guess would be that ATX Mobo will not fit into your HP case.
If you Mobo measures about 9" top to bottom it is mATX and ATX Mobo's are about 12" top to bottom.
The clip that helps secure the GPU is really not necessary and it shouldn't have any ill effects on the GPU.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geforce 580 won't fit into Sabertooth X58 motherboard. Please help!
Hi, I bought separate parts that I am assembling into my own computer. My case is an NZXT Phantom, and my motherboard is a Sabertooth X58. I have been trying like crazy to put my Geforce 580 into the PCI-X x 16 2.0 slot, but it doesn't fit into the case. I am wondering if this is a problem...
buuberry Video Card Support 3 01-18-2011 12:38 AM
[SOLVED] How do I identify my motherboard without opening the case?
How do I identify my motherboard without opening the case? OS : Windows 2000
bwz Motherboards, Bios & CPU 3 01-17-2011 04:37 AM
Replacing motherboard + CPU, compitable with case?
I have this Motherboard on my PC. M2N68-LA I am interested in replacing the above motherboard with this motherboard + Cpu combo. ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard and AMD Athlon II X4 635 Quad Core Processor Bundle at TigerDirect.com This is an HP Computer. Do you know if the mobo I wish to...
JCosta83 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 01-08-2011 09:16 PM
Not sure where to post but need help finding a cheap case for this motherboard
The motherboard I have got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138179 I found a case that I want but not sure if it will work since on the motherboard the usb ports and all that is on the side of the motherboard. Anyways this is the case I was thinking...
sakion Other Hardware Support 1 01-02-2011 07:32 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM