Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Selling a used PC

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 ·
I have 2 workstations that came from the office I worked at. They're fully functional but I have no use at all for them so I was looking to sell them to make some extra cash. Specs are as follows.

CPU: Intel Xeon x3470 2.93Ghz
Motherboard: Intel s3420gp
Case: Antec 900v2
PSU: Antec EarthWatts 500w
GPU: Onboard and AMD Radeon HD 5450
HDD: 2x 1TB
Optical: 16x DVD-RW

These were decommissioned as part of an office closure and work great. They were used to do toxicology analysis and kept in a cool environment with no OC'ing or other strain. I tried getting values from PCPartsPicker but these parts just aren't on there! Since they are custom builds the best I can do is getting prices on eBay. Anyone else have thoughts on a good asking price?

#3 ·
The windows 7 and CoA are genunie and tied to those PCs
Not a company wide W7 installation overwritten the OEM provided version

And any company restrictions/policies are no longer on the machine

the buyer will want to make sure the Windows version is genuine
also they may want to upgrade to Windows 10 - do you know if the PCs have drivers from the manufacturer for windows 10 ?

Workstations, I assume these a tower and do they have a monitor ?

CPU seems a good comparison to an i3 and i5
how much Ram ?
what country are you in ?

I would estimate maybe £100 for a tower second hand

you can get brand new i3 towers for around the £299/£399 mark

#5 ·
Man, How'd I forget the RAM!

RAM: 16GB DDR3 4x4GB. (unsure of speed)

To answer etaf's questions.

Windows 7: This is an OEM key and the OS would be re-installed clean. No policies would be applied other than what is there from the initial install.

Windows 10: I really want to say that all drivers would be available but I've yet to try. Considering I have 2 of them with the exact same hardware it'd be easy to upgrade one to be sure.

Monitor: These are tower-only. No peripherals such as keyboard, mouse, display, etc.

Origin: USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.